Help, strange error message on the DIC

Yellowshark

Well-known user
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me on this. I have an error message on the DIC which I have never seen before and I cannot delete it with the reset button. I have searched the world with google and come up with diddly squat. I thought I would asked on the Forum before starting to plough through the FSM. It is Front L R172 kPa.
Cheers, Pete

oelarse

Well-known user
You propably need to fill some air in your Left Front wheel , the alarm comes on when pressure drops to a approx 172 kPa :)
If you drive a speed above15mph(24km/t) you can press GAGES button until all tire pressures are shown and view all pressure values .

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Haven't had a C5 myself, but found this:
If the tyre pressure is OK, and you are still getting the error message or incorrect reading, I'd try the pump it up an additional 10psi trick to reset/reactivate or "wake-up" the sensor? Has worked for me a couple of times.

Last edited:

Yellowshark

Well-known user
Hi guys well I just fixed it and coming on line I see the two new posts and you are both right! What I did not say (which was stupid) was that the C5 had been standing for a week without a battery and I fitted my new one yesterday. Turning on the ignition delivered several messages including the one I noted. As a result I had to reprogram the 4 tyre pressure sensors which I have just done and hey presto :) Interestingly I have reprogrammed those sensors twice before but never saw that error message BUT on those occasions the battery had not been disconnected, go figure. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated. Stay safe, Pete