Hood/(bonnet) adjustment

trevbeadle

CCCUK Member
Is there any adjustment on the hood?. Mine needs to be raised a little at the front also moved more to the drivers side at the hinge line.
.IMG_1842.JPGIMG_1843.JPGIMG_1844.JPG

Oneball

CCCUK Member
There’s a little bit of scope to move the hinges on the bolts.

Up and down is by shims under the hinge.

I reckon that looks pretty good for a Vette.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Looks pretty good to me too . Most things fit where they touch on a C3 and I cannot get my hood spot on no matter how much I tried 😡

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Agree with Chuffer and Oneball, looks acceptable for a C3. If you want perfect gaps you've bought the wrong car! 😀

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It was a well warn saying years ago that the shut lines on a Range Rover were the only man made thing to be seen from outer space except the Great Wall of China . They forgot to mention that you could loose a range Rover in the shut gaps on a C3 !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dazaa

Well-known user
I agree that they look pretty good for a c3, however there is a tool that can be bought or made to help align the hood. I may order one as my hood is a mess.

Roscobbc

Interesting about the alignment 'tool' - didn't tknow about that. My experience on hood alignment is that soon as one side is correct other clearances go wrong and one ends-up considering moving the fenders and other panels. Odd thing is that sometimes seemingly unconnected adjustments make the most difference.