HOOD (BONNET) WANTED WANTED......... TO FIT 1976 C3 ............ CAN BE AFTER MARKET OR ORIGINAL ....

buzbee

CCCUK Member
I am advised 1968 to 1975 forced induction hoods will fit even though my 76 does not have it ..... 1977 and onward have a different latch set up . hope to hear from you , my number is 07803269385.... thanks David

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Thank you. Unfortunately my daddy passed away, so I’ve had a lot to deal with both here and in Florida. I kept an eye on all the posts, but wasn’t really up to posting anything until today.

buzbee

CCCUK Member
Thankyou .... i have seen the yellow one up close in his workshop , tried to buy it but Scott is not easy to deal with so gave up , he has an actual 1976 hood but to damaged to consider ......... sorry to hear about your Dad , always very sad .

buzbee

CCCUK Member
There’s also a 1977 hood on eBay @£500
Hi yes , i know the chap who has that one for sale , unfortunately the 77 and onwards have a different latching mechanism which cannot be swapped over without a whole lot of grief......

Corvette Kingdom

Supporting vendor
Thankyou .... i have seen the yellow one up close in his workshop , tried to buy it but Scott is not easy to deal with so gave up , he has an actual 1976 hood but to damaged to consider ......... sorry to hear about your Dad , always very sad .
Well thats just not true. I've spent a good deal of time on the phone with you about bonnets, I've sent you pictures of alternatives etc etc. You bought the bonnet on Ebay and then started questioning the latch positions, once I had replied about that, you then started querying the underwood ducting and saying you needed time to decide if you wanted it or not, so I cancelled the order and refunded you, saying it would be better if you stuck with a bona fide 76 bonnet instead of an earlier one, then you announce on a public forum that I am difficult to deal with!

Not cool dude. Every time you have called me I have been very helpful to you.

Roscobbc

Thank you. Unfortunately my daddy passed away, so I’ve had a lot to deal with both here and in Florida. I kept an eye on all the posts, but wasn’t really up to posting anything until today.
Sorry to hear that Nassau - had a fair bit of all this historically - my wife is going through all this following the death of her younger sister a moth ago. Just when you think you're getting to grips with the emotional elements of a loved one passing away........other things/people appear out or the woodwork...........

Roscobbc

Well thats just not true. I've spent a good deal of time on the phone with you about bonnets, I've sent you pictures of alternatives etc etc. You bought the bonnet on Ebay and then started questioning the latch positions, once I had replied about that, you then started querying the underwood ducting and saying you needed time to decide if you wanted it or not, so I cancelled the order and refunded you, saying it would be better if you stuck with a bona fide 76 bonnet instead of an earlier one, then you announce on a public forum that I am difficult to deal with!

Not cool dude. Every time you have called me I have been very helpful to you.
I'll say this just once........this thread has remained very polite so far - one of our supporting traders has exercised his right of response to comments made by a CCCUK member. Thanks Scott for explaining your side of events. Let's just all leave it there please.
Members are very welcome to assist the OP relating to sourcing a replacement hood etc - but not to make further comment relating to his earlier comments or this thread will be 'locked-down.'