HT leads

Andy K

CCCUK Member
Hi. Has anyone got information on the lengths for the HT leads on a standard 1960 283 engine? The ones on the set I currently have are far too long and some actually sit on the chassis rails!
Any photos, or links to photos, with the routing and lead separators would be helpful too.
With thanks,
Andy

Roscobbc

Andy - perhaps your leads are for one of the engine combo's that had covered leads and were routed under the plugs (rather than over the valve covers) - are you able to cut the HT leads to length and re-make the connections either in the distributor (or at the plug caps)

Andy K

CCCUK Member
Hi.
The leads would certainly have had shrouds fitted to them originally to block the RF interference with the valve(!) radio. The only shroud I have is the one over the coil and distributor, though the radio doesn't work (another job for the winter, or maybe a lookalike modern SS version would do). The leads do need replaced though - I have no idea how old they are, and the thing is a pig to start. It's been in storage for 15 months while we did a flit to Scotland.
I'm happy to make up a new set and just thought someone could provide a shortcut wrt the lengths.