'Huffed' C5Z06 Vette for sale

Roscobbc

Don't know the current owner and seller - have no links or interest whatsoever with the sale but anyone looking for what simply has to be the quickest C5 in the UK should take a look at this at £20K ~ 2004 Chevrolet Corvette C5 z06 | eBay ~ well maintained for several years when owned by an Essex CCCUK member.

PrinceRupert

Regular user
From a bit of Internet sleuthing it appears it was still for sale by the former owner Mr Rudd in August of this year and appears to be being sold by its new owner. Such a short term owner must ring alarm bells of some description?

Roscobbc

The only 'alarm' bells it would ring I'm guessing is if the current owner either 'stacked' the car or 'lunched' the engine and transmission. Despite all the modern traction/ABS and handling controls that a C5 at this level car demands a significant level of 'respect' when driving out there on the road. Tony owned it for several years and maintained it meticulously. It was owned previously by a well known 'local' for a couple of years before and prior to that (and I believe for many years following the blower install) by a long term CCCUK member.

phild

CCCUK Member
Looks to be the Z16 version. If that's the case its a rare one, 2000ish made, with carbon fibre bonnet and other weight saving additions. I miss mine. :-(

If it is a genuine Z16 and someone here buys it, let me know as I have a full, original, sales brochure pack that I will give to the, club member, purchaser.

phild

CCCUK Member
24 Hours of Le Mans Commemorative Edition[edit]

2004 Corvette C5 Z06 Commemorative Edition
During the 2004 model year, a 24 Hours of Le Mans Commemorative Edition package (RPO's Z15 & Z16) were offered as an option for all three C5 models (fastback coupé, convertible, Z06) in celebration of the C5-R "1–2" in-class finishes at Le Mans. The package consisted of a special paint color ("Le Mans Blue Metallic"); shale two-tone leather interior (coupés and convertibles only); and wide, silver-and-red stripes optionally applied down the center of the car (Z06 only). Commemorative Edition convertibles received a shale-colored soft top, and the Z06 version (dubbed the "Z16" after its RPO for the Le Mans Commemorative Edition) received a carbon fiber hood as a further weight-reduction measure. Special commemorative badging, headrest embroidery, and brightly polished wheel (a first on the Z06) with unique centercaps completed the package.
There were 2,025 Commemorative Edition (RPO Z16) Z06's built in 2004. The VIN's were sequenced numbers ranging from the first 100013, to the last 132518.

PrinceRupert

Regular user
I've been lusting over this car all week - so I spoke to A-Plan today to see if I could insure it at a reasonable price. Nobody would even quote ...

PrinceRupert

Regular user
Nope, perfectly well behaved, just the fact im in my 20s and don't have LHD experience!

I've only spoken to A Plan, could try Peter Taylor thanks!

PrinceRupert

Regular user
I was told to ring back when I was 30 (currently 28) with 2 years of a standard C5 under my belt!

I did get a quote from Sterling Insurance through a comparison site for 1600 quid a year but too rich for me. Comparatively a standard C5 is around 550.

Bowler

CCCUK Member
Called them today, very helpful chap, but they won't consider insuring someone without a minimum of 12+ months of experience in a similarly powered car. Standard it has to be it seems!

I'm not for one moment suggesting that you should lie to an insurer..... But, let's not forget that insurers are notorious for trying to wriggle out of (what would appear to be) their contractual obligations, by using tactics such as twisting facts.... It's just a question of what they ask and how you respond (obviously a truthful answer) and what they can thereafter prove.

In my own case, albeit 12 years ago when I bought my C5:

Q: Have you driven a LHD car before?
A: Yes. They didn't ask me where, or when. As it happens, it was a hire car, when I was working (for 3 days) in Los Angeles

Q: Have you driven a car with a similar amount of power?
A: Yes. They didn't ask me when or where. See my previous point. Did ou ever drive amate's car? Your Boss's? Etc. The answer to the queston may be truthful, but can they disprove it??

So, my point is that you should answer the questons that you're asked and no more. Maybe that way, you'll get a sensible quote

Just my 2 cents...

PrinceRupert

Regular user
I did ask that! Think that was a Brentacre specific thing - they wouldn't insure me on a standard C5 without experience of a similarly powered car, but plenty of normal insurance companies will. Plan A said they think they could insure me with a couple of years of a standard C5 under my belt. Seems being under 30 doesn't help either.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I did ask that! Think that was a Brentacre specific thing - they wouldn't insure me on a standard C5 without experience of a similarly powered car, but plenty of normal insurance companies will. Plan A said they think they could insure me with a couple of years of a standard C5 under my belt. Seems being under 30 doesn't help either.
It`s one of the few benefits of getting old :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. When I was younger i used to look enviously at old farts driving sports cars and think " what`s he doing with a car like that ?" . Now I know !!!