Hurst Shifter Knob

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Hello all. I have a 1968 C3 as pictured on the left. It has a 4 speed manual with a Hurst shifter attached to it. It was there when I imported the car, so I don't know any details about it or when it was fitted etc.

What I do know though, is that the lovely white Hurst shifter knob on the top has cracked and disintegrated. :(

Anyone know where I can find a replacement or something similar? I don't know what thread size or anything, but looking at Google pages at Hurst knobs I'd assume a 3/8 x 16. I'm hoping more knowledgeable people here will give me some good pointers and advise me on some good gear knobs to get. Ideally I'd prefer a white one, but I'm up for some suggestions.

Thanks all. :)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Thanks all. I did Google around myself (and indeed found the one above on Ebay), but I wasn't sure of fitment as the car isn't currently with me to check. I'm guessing the 3/8 x 16 fitment is correct?
I was also hoping someone might know any UK suppliers so I don't have to get stung with delivery and import charges to order one small part.

Ironically, my current Hurst knob is like this one, but other than being split in two, mine is in a lot better condition:

However, I think I do prefer the all white knobs as featured in "Vetteheadtony" post above.

Last edited: