I finally have my C7 - fog light question

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Yes 3 wires will be for fed in/out and lamp light earth !! All be it I am not sure how this got through Iva as the switch as kieth pointed out now has to reset ie if using fogs when u turn lights off and back on fogs must auto switch off regardless of if its switch is in on position!!!

Roppa440

Well-known user
So really I need to have a lighted momentary switch that activates a relay.
I see.
Well i will have to put my thinking cap on to sort that out. :unsure:;)

Custom exotics

Well-known user
So really I need to have a lighted momentary switch that activates a relay.
I see.
Well i will have to put my thinking cap on to sort that out. :unsure:;)
Not exactly no there is a special switch / loom section for fog lights if u turn fogs on once you turn headlamps on ( must only work off dip beam )the fogs work as normal as normal and you can turn them on and off using switch as u like but if you have fogs on and you turn dips off then the fog light must automatically reset to the off position and you have to us switch again to turn them back on hope this makes sense

Roppa440

Well-known user
Well I found the source of my problem.
It is the relay.
Once I cut the cable ties and unwrapped the half meter of tape around it I could see it was looking pretty rough.
I have rested the feed from the headlight to this end and it is fine. So new relay ordered from amazon.

Thanks for the input on this. It's been educational.

Attachments

• 20210825_145236.jpg
    20210825_145236.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210825_145231.jpg
    20210825_145231.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0

Roppa440

Well-known user
Just to update my own fog light solution.
Fitted new relay but small red LED strip already fitted in bottom right corner behind a small grille was only half working and pretty pathetic anyway.

So I ordered new reflectors with LEDs to use as my fog lights from CorsoMotion in the US as suggested earlier in this thread.

When I checked the US forum about removing the existing reflectors they were insisting you need to completely remove the bumper to unclip the reflectors.
I found this was not the case.
I removed all the bolts along the bottom of the bumper (including bottom of wheelwells and the two in the back of the exhaust tip shield) and was able to reach up to feel the reflector clips. See first photo.

You just need one finger in there and press on the correct side of each clip in turn. It pops out.
Photo of the removed reflectors so you can see which side of each clip needs to be pressed. Second photo.

After a bit of wiring the finished result when headlights and fog light switch are on is much better.

May never need them except for the MOT. But you never know and if caught on the A1 or M1 in fog I would rather be as visible as possible.

Attachments

• 20210927_133824.jpg
    20210927_133824.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210927_134136.jpg
    20210927_134136.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210927_173630.jpg
    20210927_173630.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 19

Roppa440

Well-known user
Only modification to the bumper I had to make was to enlarge this small square hole behind the end of the reflector slightly and vertically to allow the wires for the LEDs to pass through.

Attachments

• 20210927_133824[1]b.jpg
    20210927_133824[1]b.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 4
T

Taz

HI to all - I finally after 4 months on route to UK I have a C7 (long story) - its an ex UAE car and is therefore an EXP rpo BUT - it is not like the UK spec cars with a rear fog stalk and setup. to comply with IVA and MoT I need to add a rear fog.
What changes have people with USA spec cars made to make this happen??????
I am wondering if the wiring is in the car for EXP models so maybe changing the stalk to the rear fog type will magically work !!!!!!
any one got actual experience of adding a rear fog??

Also interestingly the sat nav thinks the car is in Dubai (ha not much use here in Uk me thinks)

cheers ......Keith
Hi Keith …hope it’s ok to ask but did you buy the car through a Company called “Direct from Dubai “ ? as im looking for a C7 myself …best wishes Taz

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
Hi taz. No I got my c7 from a guy in usa. Long story. Be aware that middle east cars can have poor paint due to all the sand blasting.

Custom exotics

Well-known user
And poor accident repair due to way to much money just get another car syndrome lol last couple that we saw were bad airbags all deployed half a rear quarter welded in parts missing

maudyz28

Regular user
ditto to Custom exotics, i've known of a few over in DE that are poor repairs and paint, and one in the UK a friend was sold as 'clean'