Ignition switch

Paul Benton

CCCUK Member
I need to get to the ignition switch under the dash, standard column (non- tilt, tele) to check out the wiring. Any guide or tips as to the best way to go about this would be really welcome as not tackled this job before and could not pin down useful decent guide.

Keep safe and well
Kind regards
Paul

sublimemike

Well-known user
Undo the cover under the steering column. Follow the wiring down from the switch...there is a big flat connector you can separate and do some checks with a multi meter and a wiring diagram

Emc

Supporting vendor
Undo the cover under the steering column. Follow the wiring down from the switch...there is a big flat connector you can separate and do some checks with a multi meter and a wiring diagram
That is not to the ignition switch, its the harmonica connection for the turn signal etc.
The ignition switch is down the column on top the best way to check is to drop the column and pull it back into the cabin 5 bolts.

sublimemike

Well-known user
Apologies and good shout .....I was remembering doing a Mopar ignition switch I changed a fair few years ago. I stand corrected.

Dazaa

Well-known user
Pull the drivers seat out, the added space will make working under the dash much less painful, tho still very uncomfortable. Switch is on the top of the column below the dash, from memory theres 2 connectors on the switch, black and white, one locks in to the other.