Imagine If This Happened To Your Import?!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I read about that a short while back too when they mentioned something about the lithium-ion batteries in the electric cars being a PITA to put out if they catch fire. The article went out to ponder whether maritime procedures would change to take into account electric cars and the issues they present during transport.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
As all these cars were probably brand new, going to main dealers , the owners have just ordered them from a demo model or brochure so have no personal attachment to the car. Will probably just re order another one.

Roscobbc

With waiting lists long enough already now being extended even further due to component shortages (and potentially about to increase even further due to the latest world crisis) I wonder how many end users will cancel their orders. It'll be interesting to know in a situation like this (ship sinking) whether the 'buyers' will get their deposits returned.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I guess the purchaser claims off the dealers insurance , the dealer claims off the shippers insurance , the shipper claims off the shipping company , and if you live long enough you get a claims settlement and get your money back . :(

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I suppose it will vary from dealership to dealership. Time to read the small print on your sales contract.