Insurance - wtf?

Dazaa

Well-known user
Currently trying to get insurance for my 71 c3 and a 79 Chevy pickup i'm going to buy on the weekend. Classicline said it's not possible, Adrian Flux quoted £4000 for the pickup alone...i'm 26 and living in London, any idea how I get a semi reasonable quote?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve been with RH for years, found them to be pretty competitive price wise. It is probably/possibly an age issue, and of course being in a London post code doesn’t help. Check with everyone you can, there’s plenty of companies out there.

Dazaa

Well-known user
Appreciate the suggestions, for a moment I was incredibly disheartened to think i've spend 2 years building a car I can't even drive.

Footman James have quoted a very reasonable 500 for the vette, the truck however doesn't seem to be any insurers systems...time for a phone call.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Supporting vendor
Currently trying to get insurance for my 71 c3 and a 79 Chevy pickup i'm going to buy on the weekend. Classicline said it's not possible, Adrian Flux quoted £4000 for the pickup alone...i'm 26 and living in London, any idea how I get a semi reasonable quote?
Hi.
I'm surprised that we weren't able to offer you a competitive quotation. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to a look at your details to see why it seems so high.
Regards,
Dan.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Lancaster Insurance are another one to try though i cant say if they are any good on 26yrs/London.

26 and youve got a 71, im impressed.

pmacleod

Regular user
Im 26 and I got £255 with Hagerty Insurance with my 81. The guy I spoke to on the phone was actually from the States and learned to drive in a C3. Was a great chat and I ended up giving him advice on 350Zs since he wanted one and it's my daily :D At any rate, it's worth shopping about for the best premium. Keep an eye on what's included with the insurance too if the worst happens.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As I have said on more than one occasion , car insurance quotes are a lottery . It depends on who you speak to from day to day , even within the same company !! If staff work on commission from the underwriters they will quote for the biggest slice of pie they can get away with .