Interesting

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
BendPak Inc. has unveiled its new BendPak PL -12000DP and PL-12000DPS double-wide parking lifts that stores four vehicles in two parking spots.

The lifts are patent-pending and operate independently of one another.
One can be lowered while the other remains still, and the structure provides double-car-width open front access.
“We developed the PL-12000DP and PL-12000DPS to address the most common complaints about side-by-side parking lifts,” says Jeff Kritzer, president and CEO, BendPak.

“Whether used in a home garage or a commercial parking application, people hate the time-consuming hassle of shuffling multiple vehicles around to get to the one they want. They also worry about dents and dings when trying to squeeze between columns. Our open-entry, dual-platform design resolves those issues while also providing more clear space under the lift in the raised position.”

The PL-12000DP tall-rise, extended-length model offers versatility, with a maximum rise of 82.2 inches, 183-inch runways, and a drive-through height of 80.5 inches. The PL-12000DPS standard-rise, standard-length lift has a more compact footprint to fit in smaller spaces. Its max rise is 70.2 inches, with 159-inch runways and a drive-through height of 68.5 inches.

Both models have a total rated capacity of 12,000 lbs. / 6,000 lbs. per platform. They can handle cars, light trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, golf carts and more.

Bendpack.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
"Whether used in a home garage...."
I'd like to see that being installed in my UK double garage that I thought was a reasonable size for the UK :ROFLMAO:

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
They use the phrase "parking lift" deliberate. It means it will not comply with the build standard for "vehicle lifts" BS EN 1493 and as such is very unlikely to have any safety devices to prevent a vehicle from unintentionally falling.
I examine a lot of vehicle lifts per year and Bendpak have the most issues through poor manufacturing and design.

Roscobbc

Thanks for your comments Steve.......we all, I'm sure see adverts for 'garage' equipment that look useful, interesting, perhap affordable and.......maybe impressed by the manufacturers 'speil' and perhaps not giving a thought as to the quality, safety and useability of the product. I'm sure we'd all be interested if there are other products he has inspected that we need to be aware of?

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Anything sold as a "parking lift" doesn't have to meet the build standard for a vehicle lift so will most probably have no safety systems to prevent the lift falling if there is a catastrophic failure.
A parking lift is just that, designed to raise a vehicle to park another under it, a vehicle lift is designed to work under so much have safety features to prevent it falling.
There are a lot of vehicle lifts on the market that will say "made in the PRC", People's Republic of China, a lot of these are made in the same factory but with different"manufacturer" names on them.
I know from experience that if the HSE issue a cessation of use on one particular make and model, due to accidents or failing safety tests, it can not be applied to the same vehicle lift with different manufacturer name on it even though it's identical.
Some of these imported lifts have what appears to be a CE mark on them, indicating that they are approved for use in the UK and Europe, but in fact they haven't passed any safety testing and CE stands for "Chinese Export", the difference is in the font and the space between the letters.
Not all Chinese vehicle lifts are bad.
My advice if you are looking for a vehicle lift is to make sure it has "safety gear" fitted. That is a method to prevent falling in the event of a failure in the lifting mechanism. That can be twin hydraulic cylinders with rupture valves built in, a sawtooth safety pawl that must be raised to lower the lift or safety nuts on a two post lift to give just a few examples.
If anyone has any specific vehicle lift they have questions about feel free to ask me.l and I will do my best to help.