James, Carrot town 1969 on eBay.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, just seen the carrot town 1969 coupe on eBay priced at £18500. Certainly worth a look at that price.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Doubt the quoted mileage is genuine for a 1969 car and £18500 seems low for a 69 chrome bumper C3 . If something looks to good to be true it usually is ???

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Unless you know the history of the vehicle , any mileage claims should be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially when your talking about a car 52 years old. It does seem too cheap. No way would you buy one stateside and get it back for that price. Looking at their website, they have had all their corvettes for sale quite some time.
I must admit I thought they would have sold it a long time ago.

Roscobbc

There are a number on re-sellers in the UK quoting mileage 'post' (supposed) restoration rather than 'real' time related mileage. A fair number of restorers in the 'State do this too. No doubt when you do ask the question how many miles has it doen in total they'll reply - "its 'all new' mate - its been totally restored and re-built - anyway its got a new speedo so I don't know the answer to that"

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Also in the States, after a certain age aren't they "mileage exempt". When I was looking to get my Vette I saw many a place saying "mileage exempt" and thus didn't state the mileage. My Vette was the same. It came to me with about 5000 miles on the clock, and I know full well its gone around the clock at least once in its life. I'm not bothered though, the car seems ok for a 50 year old car.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They are indeed, varies from state to state. Unless a title states “actual mileage” it could be anything. As a rule odometers are not/have not been wound back to sell a vehicle, The mileage is what it is. Take it or leave it. The penalty for tampering with a odometer is quite severe in the US.