Jobs to do-keep putting off!

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Really need to get around to adjusting the driver's side window which at the moment tilts back from the front at the last part of the upward movement, this causes the rear top of the window to clip the body, already chipped a bit of paint off. Watched video on You Tube of adjusting, bit of a pain, whole door panel off, with all that entails.
Other job, need to fit the new roof seal I got a while back, the forward one that goes down to the doors.
If I had a garage could do these jobs anytime, knowing my luck, I will make a start and the heavens will open!!

johng

CCCUK Member
I don't know if the C4 door mechanism is the same as the C3, but I had a similar problem. The C3 has 2 vertical tracks that guide the glass and each one has an adjustable end stop. If these 2 stops are not adjusted quite right, then the roller at either the front or the rear of the glass will hit one end stop first and then the glass will rotate around this point until the other end stop is reached. You might just need to adjust one of these end stops so that both of them are hit at the same time.

stiej1977

CCCUK Member
Same, here. My passenger side window scrapes the metal b-pillar as the door closes. It's a convertible. I'm getting more and more scared that the glass with shatter sometime when i go to close the door. What I can't decide though is whether the convertible roof mechanism is out of alignment, maybe the glass is ok.