Jon Bennett R.I.P.

Knodty

Well-known user
For those of you who don’t know, It is with great sadness i tell you of the loss of my dear friend, and fellow Corvette owner Jon Bennett of American Automatics.

Jon passed away suddenly on Saturday night at home. The cause is yet unknown and awaiting a coroners report which is due at the end of the week. Jon will be greatly missed by my wife Mandy and I as he was wonderful person and friend. Jon had a fabulous sense of humour and was always willing to give a hand to a mate in need and he would help out anyone.

We are in touch with Jon’s sister Linda and will update you of the funeral arrangements when we know them.

Mandy and I will be at the Essex Corvette meet this Wednesday to raise a glass to our dear friend and we’d love to see you there.

Peter Knodt

Knodty

Well-known user
Jon’s funeral will take place at southend crematorium on Thursday 19th september at 1.40 pm. Jude (Jon’s Son) has requested smart/ casual wear.we are going onto the Saxon King eastern avenue( just round the corner) for the wake afterwards we have catered for around 40 Happy to talk to you regarding numbers that may come plus corvettes/ American cars welcome -this is tribite to Jon! Could you also ask a few simple lines 'what jon meant to me....' as we are creating a page in the order of service.

Please let me know of who is able to come to the service and Wake afterwards.