Live and let die Corvorado

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just started watching Live and Let Die, anybody remember the Corvorado pimp mobile.
One from Bill Dunham coach. He made 7 of them, all different. Most still survive.
Corvette chassis and doors, Cadillac Eldorado body panels, then a bit of pimping, translated in a Hugh amount of $$$$$$D622039E-6A41-4AA3-B3B4-93316FD0F3AD.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, it’s hard to imagine why anybody would want to drive such a vehicle. Different time and culture.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Now this is Miami Vice.
Ray Ban wayfarers
Bren Ten in stainless steel.
Ebel conograph, wave bracelet 18ct.
057C253C-D536-4203-8DF1-88BA8B57A9A1.jpeg

Not shown The Daytona Spyder. Yes, we all know it wasn’t a real one, but it looked real nice.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now this is Miami Vice.
Ray Ban wayfarers
Bren Ten in stainless steel.
Ebel conograph, wave bracelet 18ct.
View attachment 10273

Not shown The Daytona Spyder. Yes, we all know it wasn’t a real one, but it looked real nice.

Brilliant sound tracks to the series too . Even Glen Frey ( Eagles band member for all the youngsters ) had a cameo role in one episode . The Daytona Spyder was real cool even though it was only a cunning cardboard replica ! :LOL: Why don`t they repeat great TV serious like that instead of the usual crap that UK TV keeps regurgitating ? :(

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Glen fry, I think the episode was “ smugglers Blues” great episode fantastic soundtrack. I can remember south beach as it was in those days, changed beyond belief now, as has all of Florida. I much preferred how it was in the 80’s and 90’s.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You got it (y) Smugglers blues was a bang on track . I have it on a Glen Frey album on cassette somewhere . Probably amongst the hundreds of golden oldies stored in the loft somewhere . If I remember correctly in that episode he was a private pilot flying an ex USAF ` flying Boxcar ` in and out of South Asia loaded with ` chemical substances ` . :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Bang on, you nailed it. “ got to carry weapons cause you always carry cash “

" Propping up the governments in Columbia and Peru , ask any DEA man , he says there`s nothing they do " . It must have been pretty cool living in Florida in the 1980`s I guess . If they had filmed the street scenes in LA instead of Miami as originally planned , my C3 might have appeared in the background some where . :D
As for me , my USA experiences are more of a northern latitude . Ranch riding holidays in Northern Montana and riding out every day into the Rocky Mountains wilderness and wild camping overnight after a long day in the saddle . I am a mountain man at heart ! A two week road trip around New England in the fall was pretty neat too . (y)