Location of fusible link

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
My ECU saga continues, looked like the program issue has been resolved, but when the guy tried to start the car last night, ignition on, then all electrical power lost. Battery test is good, under bonnet fuses all ok, on another US forum someone talked about a fusible link, but unhelpfully no mention of where this is located, anybody know? Or anyone have any other thoughts on what may have caused this loss of all electrical power?

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Thanks Corvetteville, I have passed this on to the guy working on the car, jeez I really hope this is the problem which should be easy to fix!

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Don't loose hope. I had a 94. Fantastic car, until it started running rough, stalling, then sometimes fine. The codes threw up all sorts, MAF, TPS, even traction control. Turned out to be a duff optispark. Didn't even know what it was, but managed to fit a new one & water pump. Ran like a new car!! Hahahaha

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
As others have said fusiable links are on the "jump start post" behind the battery.
Make sure they are all clean and not corroded, the windscreen drain and the bonnet lock drain are both above it so it is prone to get wet and cause issues.
Screenshot_20230701-160308.jpg