Looking to get into C3 Ownership - help needed please!

Roscobbc

Later C3's are far more plentyful and will be correspondingly less expensive than early chrome bumper cars - if ones uses the CCCUK membership of C3's (and there are more of this marque than all the other marques) you'll see a trend where the first year '68 has the lowest numbers in the club (13 no. I think) - 69 and onward gradually become more plentiful, with more later 70's cars than previous years.

sublimemike

Well-known user
I'd be looking out for small block 350 that's been stroked. Plenty of power for you then. Just avoid too higher compression so you don't end up with cooling head aches on a hot day

Roscobbc

I'd be looking out for small block 350 that's been stroked. Plenty of power for you then. Just avoid too higher compression so you don't end up with cooling head aches on a hot day
Plenty of logic behind sublimemike's advice. It costs as much to buy a 'stroker' rotating assembly as it does a stock stroke 350 cu in. Just be sure that when going for a stroker set-up its sourced or built by someone who has experience with them - there have been a few people who have had issues with excess crankcase pressures creating PCV and 'blow-past' problems.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
No we do NOT want negative Reviews, but we need to somehow stop someone who is asking for help being directed to a bad Trader
With apologies for going back to this aspect of the thread, I believe that it was made quite clear some years ago that if someone asked for experiences with a particular trader, that info was communicated via a PM (or "conversation" as it seems to be called here) and NOT on the public forum. I have done this on a number of occasions with regard to a Corvette trader found guilty of fraudulent behavoir - The committe of the time were aware of the name, it never made it into the public domain here, but, a warning was passed on.

Anyway HRG, I stand by what I said about reading the books before even attempting to buy. 👍