Music

Roscobbc

93 KHJ - 22/7/69

Real radio broadcast from 69 to get you in that 60s los angeles driving mood. 😌🌴
Tbh I simply can't listen to some of that middle of the road garbage mixed in with the goog stuff. I'm even finding that the rock stations on dab are too predictable and seemingly on a loop......I only ever listen to Caroline in the car now......total unpretentious and unpredictable selection of music from each presenters preferences. Luckily I can receive on dab here in London so the quality is great most of the time....... actually hearing things that the radios of the day couldn't reproduce!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Topical from the 1970s in the context of this week's news, and spectacularly performed by Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart.
Yes, you know the rules - play loud.

Now that`s what ya call real music ! Joe Bonamassa is THE main man IMO and seen him live a couple of times . Really love the stuff he has done with Beth Hart in the past and this is the perfect homage to Big T .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Tbh I simply can't listen to some of that middle of the road garbage mixed in with the goog stuff. I'm even finding that the rock stations on dab are too predictable and seemingly on a loop......I only ever listen to Caroline in the car now......total unpretentious and unpredictable selection of music from each presenters preferences. Luckily I can receive on dab here in London so the quality is great most of the time....... actually hearing things that the radios of the day couldn't reproduce!
(y) Thats why I stick to my good old CD auto changer , just load up with what ever`s the mood . Usually modern country rock but now summers here maybe dilute with some nice cruzin sounds like the Eagles and Neil Young . 🤟

phild

CCCUK Member
Radio Sussex woke me up early the other morning with Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street. A real classic in my opinion which hasn't aged, unlike me. :):)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Radio Sussex woke me up early the other morning with Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street. A real classic in my opinion which hasn't aged, unlike me. :):)
Best sax solo in the world , ever ! A timeless classic and definitely one of my Desert Island Discs along with Moody Blues ` Nights in White Satin ` and Fleetwood Macs ` Albatross` and Led Zepelin`s ` Stairway to Heaven `. (y)

Roscobbc

Being on the fringes of outer London I consider myself lucky (depending on signal strength) of being able to pick-up Radio Caroline on DAB if out in the car or listening to a libe stream at home or walking the dog. Although a 'Trial' station it is broadcast in good quality stereo - its great listening to 'classic' in hi-fidelity and stereo, something that wouldn't have been available in the 'day' and hearing so much additional detail.
For a good mix of classic rock and more modern rock its worth listening to Johnny Reece usually in the afternoons 2pm to 5pm.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
For online rock radio check out Radio Paradise, a California based outfit who stream in decent quality and ad' free.

They have a number of different streams. Their basic is "Main Mix" when you enter the site but click the arrows bottom centre of screen to get the Rock Mix or any others. This link will go straight to Rock Mix,