Number plates

Cartechblue

CCCUK Member
Anyone know a supplier of good quality Number plates?
I am changing the front and rear on my yr 2000 C5 and due to the front being a irregular shape and the rear larger than most cars the local factor are unable to supply.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A number of online numberplate manufacturers will do the standard US size of 6”x12” these of course would be “normal “ style UK Plates.
If your after “custom” plates, states plates are probably the best.

Roscobbc

These are 'normal' UK available plates for American/Corvette sized opening but with the slightly smaller lettering (100% legal) as used on motorcycles.

Attachments

• 20220415_123304(1).jpg
    20220415_123304(1).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220415_123641(1).jpg
    20220415_123641(1).jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 3

Stingray

CCCUK Member
If you have a Euro C5 (without reversing lights next to the licence plate) a "Jaguar" sized rear plate can work very well, filling the whole of the rear aperture. I believe the size of the plate is something like 21" x 6" and the on-line suppliers offer a good range of sizes if you look on their websites. All you have to do is trim/grind off the ends to make it fit perfectly at the back of a C5.

For the front people like Mid-America used to sell a shaped surround in a range of standard body colours. It makes a rectangular US-size plate fit perfectly, fully contoured into the aperture.
Or use a standard, black surround and paint it to body colour. https://www.mamotorworks.com/corvet...04-front-bumper-license-plate-surround-600708

Mrobin33

CCCUK Member
I used a smaller (but legal) plate at the front on a couple brackets allowing the body colour blanking plate to be retained (standard on a US car for states without front plates). 9D832D25-AD2D-4EB3-AAD2-16459FD0C918.jpeg

Jimmy

Regular user
These are 'normal' UK available plates for American/Corvette sized opening but with the slightly smaller lettering (100% legal) as used on motorcycles.
Good morning Roscobbc.
Where can i get thease type plates,they'd look great on my black C5.Thanks.

Jimmy

Regular user
Seem to recall it being these people I used
Thanks.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
This may sound odd but in these highly regulated days some suppliers will refuse to supply "fully legal" number plates for a car in motorcycle size.
If this happens you can get so called "show plates" made up which include the BS number and manufacturer postcode that are required for "fully legal" plates. In other words, show plates that look fully legal. This means the manufacturer can be confident of not breaking any rules and you get the plates you need.

Jimmy

Regular user