Oh The Simple Pleasures !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have just got back from sneaking out to make the round trip of 18 miles to the workshop & storage ( all in isolation of course ) where I keep the C3 to check her over and fire her up to warm up engine and get some oil circulating and well as move it back and forth a bit and pump the brakes a few times . First visit since early December :( Couldn`t be asked to take it for a spin as the lanes around the unit are covered in mud and puddles , plus a major shunt would be needed to back out the big race support truck that hems me in . Just doing that small thing along with a good blast down the A5 in the Hemi Jeep with the sun shining and good `ole boy country rock on the CD was enough to lift the spirits and raise a smile :)

Roscobbc

The simple things - coming out of the local filling station on Sunday I had an 'audience'........wasn't going to give it 'beans' (it was a cold day, although the roads were dry) and pulling out, merely 'touched' the gas pedal and the rear end snapped around at 45 degrees. Some derv guzzler/motorbike killer with a overfilled tank must have created an oil slick. No issues, easy enough to catch quickly - treat for the 'audience' I guess.

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Simple pleasures indeed. Just moving mine out of the garage and putting it on the driveway (uphill, so need engine running) gave me amusement, and seemed to highly entertain the locals as then it was very visible and I get a lot of footfall past my house (its the way to the park).

(car was on driveway because I had workmen in doing work on the garage - new electrics (sockets and lights), ceiling and so forth to turn it into more of an awesome man cave garage for the cars. Still a work in progress, so no photos currently).

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
How very public spirited of you to think of brightening up other peoples day too :D
They man cave sounds good too .(y)

Roscobbc

Simple pleasures indeed. Just moving mine out of the garage and putting it on the driveway (uphill, so need engine running) gave me amusement, and seemed to highly entertain the locals as then it was very visible and I get a lot of footfall past my house (its the way to the park).

(car was on driveway because I had workmen in doing work on the garage - new electrics (sockets and lights), ceiling and so forth to turn it into more of an awesome man cave garage for the cars. Still a work in progress, so no photos currently).
Make sure you 'up' your garage/car security - you never know who is taking note of what you have in the garage..........

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Make sure you 'up' your garage/car security - you never know who is taking note of what you have in the garage..........
Well yes, indeed, that always has me concerned. Though I'm less concerned than when I had to store my Vette in a council garage block right in the middle of a council estate ..... and on a couple of occasions I found the garage door partially open ..... :O

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I started her up in the Garage, the smell of the leather, the move of the gear stick across the gate to check it was in neutral, the turns of the engine to get the oil pressure up, the pumps on the accelerator to fuel the carb, the burst into life, the rumble, the smile on my face and that lads was just the Fiat 500 starting up

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I started her up in the Garage, the smell of the leather, the move of the gear stick across the gate to check it was in neutral, the turns of the engine to get the oil pressure up, the pumps on the accelerator to fuel the carb, the burst into life, the rumble, the smile on my face and that lads was just the Fiat 500 starting up
I can feel the joy ! :D

Roscobbc

And then the other cylinder 'kicked-in'.......

mickn

CCCUK Member
How about a nice 'fat' WW1 aero engine with a car chassis somehow wrapped around it?
Back in the 60s/70s my dad used to take me and my brother to Thruxton to watch classic car racing and I've never forgotten the 27 litre Napier aero engined Bentley that used to run, quite a sight watching the driver get that round the corners.