Park brake lever

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all , I have a new park brake lever to fit as I broke the plastic grip. I am using the original ratchet, can I drift out the roll pin/, in situ or do i need to remove ratchet from car and fit new lever on the bench ? Also I cant see that the sliding seal in the console has a split to enable it to be eased around the park brake lever, do I need to cut with a stanley blade or is it somehow clipped together? Many thanks in advance, a good point is After adjusting the park brake shoes at the rear wheels , I now have a pretty good park brake that holds properly . 👍

antijam

CCCUK Member
The sliding seal doesn't need to be split. Turn it on its side and flex the the two sides of the seal in opposite directions. It can then be slid over the lever.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The sliding seal doesn't need to be split. Turn it on its side and flex the the two sides of the seal in opposite directions. It can then be slid over the lever.
Ahh ! Good timing antijam, I had just got a craft knife out of the toolbox 🤣 any thoughts on whether I can drift the roll pin out in situ to replace the park handle only , or do I need to unbolt the ratchet mechanism and swap handles off the car? TiA😁👍

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Thanks, aj, I got it off in one piece but only because i pulld off one side of the plastic grip, not sure it will go back over the new grip. / lever. Will have a go later, many thanks 👍