Passenger side mirror

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, have many on here fitted a matching door mirror to the passenger side. If so is there a particular make and supplier of an oe quality Item and any tips on successful fitting and placement would be welcome.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Funny, today I watched a tutorial of how to fit them. Search TheCorvetteBen on Youtube, it's one of his newest videos. I don't have a C3 but I like learning everything about them.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Corvette Kingdom can supply a passenger side mirror that is the opposite hand of the early C3 standard LH mirror. It comes with a template to mark out the attachment holes and the mirror is attached externally - you don't need access to the inside of the door. Here's a piccie of my car with the mirror fitted.

1-P1320097.JPG

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Were C3's standard fit with only driver's side wingmirror? I honestly thought they must have come from the factory with both wingmirrors, as my 1968 C3 has both wingmirrors, and all pictures / other C3s I've seen had both wingmirrors. Learn something new then if they only came with one.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Were C3's standard fit with only driver's side wingmirror? I honestly thought they must have come from the factory with both wingmirrors, as my 1968 C3 has both wingmirrors, and all pictures / other C3s I've seen had both wingmirrors. Learn something new then if they only came with one.
Safety was an added extra cost. 🤦‍♂️

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Thanks antijam, great that it mounts from the exterior! Think I will need all the help I can get . Collecting my 72 on Friday, been shipped from NY state. B5B23DB1-2EBB-4112-8F2D-E05EDFFEA955.jpeg
Safety was an added extra cost. 🤦‍♂️
Yes, now the dilemma is keep driver side only for originality or add the other side to make parking easier 😩

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Thanks antijam, great that it mounts from the exterior! Think I will need all the help I can get . Collecting my 72 on Friday, been shipped from NY state. View attachment 7755

Yes, now the dilemma is keep driver side only for originality or add the other side to make parking easier 😩
That's one sexy ride. The mirror doesn't ruin the look in my opinion, more chrome is better!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
The wingmirrors on these aren't particularly useful I've found, and not that useful for parking. The wingmirrors are "inboard" of the rear wheel arches, so you can't see that you are actually going to hit the garage with the back of the rear arches. Not that I know of course......

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Looks great in blue.
Funny I had never seen many blue ones but now I have one they seem to be lots out there. When I looked at production numbers, blue out sold Red, white and black which surprised me.
singing along to Prince whilst cruising doesnt quite work either !😂