Picking up C8 on Saturday

Jim W

CCCUK Member
So now that you have been driving this C8 Z51, how would you compare it to past Corvettes you have driving ?
Do any racing with it ?

Really needs that C8 foldaway license plate bracket for like carshows, etc

My previous Corvette was a C5 I bought new in 2003. I liked it a lot…. I sidestepped the C6 and C7, but I just had to have a mid engine C8 and RHD too!. What’s not to like! I spec’d it with everything, and it took over 2 years to get it. I’ve got 1200 miles on it so far, and I’m looking forward to putting a bunch more on it this year. It’s a great car to drive.

Termie

CCCUK Member
My previous Corvette was a C5 I bought new in 2003. I liked it a lot…. I sidestepped the C6 and C7, but I just had to have a mid engine C8 and RHD too!. What’s not to like! I spec’d it with everything, and it took over 2 years to get it. I’ve got 1200 miles on it so far, and I’m looking forward to putting a bunch more on it this year. It’s a great car to drive.
I'm now at almost 6.5K miles in mine...
20230424_092458.jpg
Congrats to new owners, and you picked the best colour too...:cool:

View attachment 22973Hi there Ive just joined the club and here is my c8 as seen on topgear could well be the first RHD to arrive in the UK it was GMs press car.I too got it from Ian Allen and traded my c7 in for it brilliant car and love driving it.You can check it out on top gear utube, Im going to be on the club stand at Tatton on the Sunday and looking forward to meeting fellow owners,cheers Fred. It would seem Ill have to change my user name if I can figure out how you do it and no Maxine isnt my weekend name lol

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
So, have you honored the Corvette history by getting a speeding ticket ? :)
The waxers are going to have fits seeing your Z51 C8 in the rain ! :)
I think that wide front license plate should on purpose fall off and get lost