POWER LOCKS

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Another little job sorted today ,stripped r/h door panel and fitted a new door actuator via Rock Auto (y).
I now have fully functioning power locks on both sides , pretty straight forward to be honest hardest part was drilling out the pop rivets . Oh then one of the rods fell off but got it back on ,had to feel my way round to fit it .(y):D
378BE498-B0A8-435B-A02F-03ECAAEE55A4.jpegE49946C0-463B-4955-8045-C9879D8ED238.jpegEBBD3795-636B-4A37-817F-89C46F12F20B.jpeg

kentvette

CCCUK Member
That's an amazingly smart and tidy inner door! Hope you manged to save the plastic liner? Mine was really brittle and they are hard to come by.

Now you'll have tobe careful not to accidentally knock the lock button as you get out of the car with the keys still in the ignition! Yes, it can be done!:rolleyes:

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
That's an amazingly smart and tidy inner door! Hope you manged to save the plastic liner? Mine was really brittle and they are hard to come by.

Now you'll have tobe careful not to accidentally knock the lock button as you get out of the car with the keys still in the ignition! Yes, it can be done!:rolleyes:
Yes I did save the liner it didn’t seem brittle at all , and yes I always take the keys out and also leave the window down when working on the old girl.But as always you never know lol :unsure:
I did get a second set cut just in case (y):D

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Showing off now, with power locks, I have to "stretch all the way across" to activate my central locking! 😋
Lol , mine had to be locked with key on passenger side which was a pain .
Not even the buttons locked that side but do now .
Nice cheap fix thanks to Rock Auto £23 all in (y):D

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Yes I did save the liner it didn’t seem brittle at all , and yes I always take the keys out and also leave the window down when working on the old girl.But as always you never know lol :unsure:
I did get a second set cut just in case (y):D

We'd done dozens of trips, weekends away, longer holidays etc and never taken a spare set of keys. Some years ago I decided it might be a good idea to give June a set when we did one of the Corvette Club France weekends. I've never locked the car by mistake with the keys inside - until the second evening of that trip! June thought I was joking when I went rushing up to our hotel room asking if she had her set of keys! I know from other's experiences that trying to "break into" a C3 without damaging it is nowhere near as easy as you might imagine.:oops:

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Another little job sorted today ,stripped r/h door panel and fitted a new door actuator via Rock Auto (y).
I now have fully functioning power locks on both sides , pretty straight forward to be honest hardest part was drilling out the pop rivets . Oh then one of the rods fell off but got it back on ,had to feel my way round to fit it .(y):D
View attachment 3150View attachment 3151View attachment 3152
Nice one Stewart, very satisfying when a repair goes well.