Proud Owner

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Hi Guys, Thank you all very much for your help, advice and patience. I am now the proud owner of the '75 L82 manual , i spent a good few hours going through the car and a test drive too. Theres a few things like door seals and a few tidying bits. Checked birdcage and everything solid there, managed to strike a fair deal, going to collect from maidstone on Thursday and drive back to Norfolk, tbh it was easier than i thought to drive and wow what a rush, not driven a stick shift in a while and im liking it :)

antijam

CCCUK Member
My congratulations too! (y) Not to dampen your enthusiasm but before starting your long pick-up drive it would be worth checking if the handbrake works - not many do!

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
My congratulations too! (y) Not to dampen your enthusiasm but before starting your long pick-up drive it would be worth checking if the handbrake works - not many do!
Thanks . It was one of my checks and works well, pulls up to about just past halfway and holds nicely, doubt ill be using it to turn 180s just yet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Brilliant news Adam , hope you get lots of enjoyment out of C3 ownership and waking up the neighbours with those early morning fire ups :D :D and congratulations on having one the few fully functioning C3 handbrakes in captivity ioo ! :D

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Congratulations, '75 manual here too - you'll love it! (y)(y)

Ditto what JC said though, do be very careful if it's wet tomorrow, Yank tyres and these cars aren't too good when it's slippery compared to a modern car's grip.
Check the wipers work and take a cloth incase the screen mists up inside. Also if you weren't aware, the headlight full-beam switch is operated by a floor switch under your left foot (and in case you inadvertently put full-beam on without realising how you did it!)

Good luck and have fun.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Congratulations, '75 manual here too - you'll love it! (y)(y)

Ditto what JC said though, do be very careful if it's wet tomorrow, Yank tyres and these cars aren't too good when it's slippery compared to a modern car's grip.
Check the wipers work and take a cloth incase the screen mists up inside. Also if you weren't aware, the headlight full-beam switch is operated by a floor switch under your left foot (and in case you inadvertently put full-beam on without realising how you did it!)

Good luck and have fun.
Yes all good with wipers and the guy did tell me about the lights. I will be very careful if it’s wet I’m used to high power cars and bikes but only modern stuff so I’ll be driving like miss daisy for a while till I get used to her.