Public liability insurance

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
Morning
anyone know of an insurance company that will do public liability insurance for exhibiting my c3. Despite having car insurance (obviously) it doesn’t cover public liability, so when you rock up at at rally your not covered and can’t attend I’ve discovered by the organisers of such events

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
If you are attending an event that is officially attended by CCCUK the club has public liability insurance . I am sure a committee member will clarify the situation .
I have never heard of event organisers requiring public liability insurance from private individuals at static display events . Seems a bit extreme to me .

Steamoilking

CCCUK Member
I agree chuffed being extreme but the organisers require £2m of public liability. I guess it’s because of the litious society we now find ourselves in!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As I said , I have only had to produce proof of cover when setting up formal club displays at events with various other car clubs I was member of . CCCUK has to prove evidence of £2 Million cover for our displays at Silverstone . Never been asked as a private individual .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Have a look at some other classic car policies - I believe my Lancaster classic car policy* includes all the stuff for exhibiting at show etc. It was one of the reasons I went with their policy. There have only been some shows where they take your insurance details, and that includes my local show I always go to every year.

* This is where Lancaster (who are on the forum), come along and tell me they removed that from my policy at renewal a year or so back. :ROFLMAO:

Roscobbc

Seem to recall that some classic car insurers seemed to have limitations on attending car shows at any location (airfields, airport etc) where there were aircraft 'movements'. (even designated car parking areas) on airfields with some excluding cover. Wonder what the general status quo is now?

Rich

Administrator
If you are attending an event that is officially attended by CCCUK the club has public liability insurance . I am sure a committee member will clarify the situation .
I have never heard of event organisers requiring public liability insurance from private individuals at static display events . Seems a bit extreme to me .
The Club has Public Liability Insurance to cover the activities of the Club and officials when on official CCCUK business. As an example we would be covered if a Club flag or gazebo was to fall over and damage someone's car.There is no Club cover in place to cover individuals, their cars, driving their cars onto the showfield and exhibiting their cars etc. even in an official CCCUK designted area. It is the responsilbilty of the owner to insure their car and take responsibilty for any damage they cause.

tasori

New user
Seem to recall that some classic car insurers seemed to have limitations on attending car shows at any location (airfields, airport etc) where there were aircraft 'movements'. (even designated car parking areas) on airfields with some excluding cover. Wonder what the general status quo is now?
I agree that some classic car insurers may have restrictions on attending car shows at locations with aircraft movements. It's worth checking with your insurance provider to understand their specific policies and exclusions when it comes to car shows and events that take place on or near airfields.