R80 VET Number Plate For Sale

chris limo

CCCUK Member
I have decided to sell my plate that i have on Retention R80 VET.
DVLA sold it to me back in 2004 as the closest they had to RED VET.
As you can see in the photos, i had plates made up so that the 8 looked more like a E and the 0 to look more like a D.
But this may not be to everyone's liking. I was looking for around 4,000.

Attachments

• DSC01152.JPG
    DSC01152.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01154.JPG
    DSC01154.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
The problem with altering number plates is that there is a possibility that the reg could be withdrawn by the dvla if reported twice by the police. You have said yourself that you're surprised you haven't been stopped. £5,000 is a lot to gamble on not being stopped/reported.

chris limo

CCCUK Member
The problem with altering number plates is that there is a possibility that the reg could be withdrawn by the dvla if reported twice by the police. You have said yourself that you're surprised you haven't been stopped. £5,000 is a lot to gamble on not being stopped/reported.
Hi Rich thanks for the info, This was something that i took that gamble on for 5 years, its up to the individual if they just want to keep the letters as they are or change them.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The Turkish population of North London seem to have some of the most imaginative combinations I’ve seen. Obviously means something in Turkish. That R80 VET alteration seems nothing compared to them.

Rich

Administrator
Many members will recognise the personal plate which I have had on all my Corvettes and now my Camaro. Nothing special but of sentimental value since I bought it in 1987 from the pages of the Sunday newspapers. Got reported once which was enough to result in me fitting some pretty ugly, but legal plates.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I seem to remember “The Sunday Times” was the place to look for plates in the 1970’s. Then the old exchange and mart had a registration plate section.

chris limo

CCCUK Member
The Turkish population of North London seem to have some of the most imaginative combinations I’ve seen. Obviously means something in Turkish. That R80 VET alteration seems nothing compared to them.
With your comment i guess it means that your not interested in buying it,In which case please keep your thoughts to yourself. Not sure why you have to be rude.

Roscobbc

I recall some 30+ years ago getting a speeding ticket for 38 mph in a 30 limit......only a mile or so up the road. This was in a '71 Mach1. I had a pair of States Plates number plates - white (but non reflective) with black lettering on the front. Yellow with black lettering on the rear.......but the font used used (as you would) was the same as used on American plates) but not cherished or 'manipulable' spacing. The copper who pulled me mentioned the incorrect font but did nothing about it........no doubt happy about the speeding 'nick'. I was convinced that had he not have 'done' me for speeding he'd have 'had' me for the incorrect plates. OK no problem, yes, I'd have had a fine. Had I continued no doubt the fine would have been stepped-up perhaps leading to an endorsement and perhaps the traffic police coming round, pulling the car to shreds looking for issues. Its not the same now.......'cherished' and personalised numbers can be withdrawn.......one has to be careful - the reg. no. that you've spent serious money acquiring could potentially be taken away. Bottom line is that you don't own the number......only the permission to use it. The days of mispaced numbers and letters and no front plates are few......police are seemingly stepping things-up lately.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
With your comment i guess it means that your not interested in buying it,In which case please keep your thoughts to yourself. Not sure why you have to be rude.
There is/was No rudeness in my comments at all. I was merely saying that your minor alterations of R80VET to read RED VET was very tame compared to some of the drastic alterations to plates I see every day around the North London area.
Please read and digest my post again.

Last edited:

fine69

Busy user
I decided to prevent any confusion with plate spacing by simply not having a number plate at all in the front. Works for me👍😀

Attachments

• CBCE92D2-D061-4BB8-B637-38D53DC8C28D.png
    CBCE92D2-D061-4BB8-B637-38D53DC8C28D.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 15

fine69

Busy user
Have to agree that a chrome bumper C3 looks superb without the 'untidyness' of a front registration plate!
Yes mate. US number plates are fun (as fun as a number plate can be)Great colours and sayings in them.
UK plates are typical of Europe. Soulless and boring, and yes they ruin the front of a c3.
I had a stick on bike sized plate on the spoiler for a while, Dad then destroyed the spoiler so it came off whilst repairs.
3rd time the spoiler has been wrecked😀

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We don’t run front tags in FL although most people have some sort of plate fitted ( ie sport of some sort, fishing, or auto oriented etc)
That front spoiler would last about a day in/around our North London area, far far too many speed bumps some of which are like Mount Everest. 😂

Roscobbc

I 'dropped' my front plate down about 10 inches or so and angled slightly forward to direct more cooling airflow through centre section of grille......it works. You need all the cooling you can get on a early BB Vette🙏

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Another car where a front plate just didn’t look right was the E-Type, hence the stick on’s on the bonnet. They did infact look quite good on the “E” but I don’t think would look good on a C3 or later Corvettes.

fine69

Busy user
I had this on the spoiler for a bit. Then off to the side of the spoiler. Gave up after the spoiler incidents🙄😀 zoom in

Attachments

• 413732BE-E165-46BD-8BF5-0B07A06C6F5E.png
    413732BE-E165-46BD-8BF5-0B07A06C6F5E.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 6

fine69

Busy user
We don’t run front tags in FL although most people have some sort of plate fitted ( ie sport of some sort, fishing, or auto oriented etc)
That front spoiler would last about a day in/around our North London area, far far too many speed bumps some of which are like Mount Everest. 😂
To be fair I’ve never had a problem with speed bumps, sidepipes give great ground clearance and the spoiler rarely touches.
The spoiler trashing were a Jack, a guy with a low loader and a kerb in a car park.
That spoiler makes jacking the front up a real pain. I have to Jack up the sides and put wood under the wheels to get it high enough to get a Jack under the front. Looks great though. I made it by hacking up an Ecklers spoiler. Stock ones were too small for my liking.