Rear caliper

mickn

CCCUK Member
One of my rear calipers' seals gave up at the weekend. I have spoken to the chap who carries out servicing/repairs on my car and he advises replacing both rear calipers, I've had the car 20 years and don't remember ever changing them before, I'm assuming this is good and sensible advice?

Emc

Supporting vendor
Correct you never replace just one .I can supply the best O ring conversions if your calipers are SS sleeved. I also have brand new SS O ring calipers on the shelf.

Roscobbc

After fully refurbing the calipers all round on my '68 much earlier-on in my 22 year ownership with 'O' ring ring seals I made the promise to myself that if there was a 'next time' I would, for safety sake replace all calipers with new 'O' ring sealed units. There are alternatives like Willwood that some use......but tbh I really don't see the benefits of this change. The thing to remember is that if the car is kept in colder temperatures like an unheated garage condensation will build-up in the braking system and cause internal corrosion to metal parts and degrading of rubber bits like seals. Brake fluid is hygroscopic and will absorb moisure.