Rear fog lamp

v8lee

CCCUK Member
Recently bought a 1981 C3, Mot booked in for tomorrow, is it a requirement to have a rear fog light? I don't have a rear fog light fitted.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Yes, that's right.

The rear fog lamp requirement for MOT is less strict than for IVA. There must be one red lamp at the centre or to the right hand side of the back of the car. It doesn't have to connect into any other circuit although that's what's usually done. There must be a suitable switch in reach of the driver. I don't think MOT requires a tell-tale light on the dash although IVA does have that requirement.

v8lee

CCCUK Member
Update... Took a chance, didn't fit a rear fog!! It sailed through MOT no probs 😁. CO wasn't even checked...nor seat belts.... Old school mot tester chap... Happy Days!

monty

CCCUK regional rep
My C7 Z06 has a very small but very bright LED light in the very center of the rear number plate with a switch inside with a light to say its on. This is really tastefully done so much so that if if it was not pointed out, you would not think there was any light at the rear of the car, who ever did this new their stuff.