Restoring trim.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
That looks really impressive, like new, what trim paint did you use?
A good scotchbrite
That looks really impressive, like new, what trim paint did you use?
a good wash in hot soapy water, a good scotchbrite pad all over. A degrease with spirit wipe.
a couple of coats of rattle can etch primer. 30 min to dry then straight over with a dusty coat then build up two more coats to a good finish. With this 👍

Attachments

• AC3FE267-F912-4CD4-BF4F-598B05FE068E.jpeg
    AC3FE267-F912-4CD4-BF4F-598B05FE068E.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 14

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
A good scotchbrite

a good wash in hot soapy water, a good scotchbrite pad all over. A degrease with spirit wipe.
a couple of coats of rattle can etch primer. 30 min to dry then straight over with a dusty coat then build up two more coats to a good finish. With this 👍
Think i saw it in halfords too.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Not sure but I think ecklers have all the corvette colours . Try scott at ck or gavin. Or maybe gooleauto te

Ecklers sell all the colours of vette trim paints I believe.
Just doing the kick panel speaker grills, they had worn through to silver on the edges so just freshened them up,
Going to try to remove the map pocket panel next as it just looks a bit tired, will repaint the panel but may buy a new pocket if i cant spruce it up a bit . I think just the pocket is available . Any one removed this panel , or know what happens to the pull knob for the ball vent ? How do i remove , or does it come off with the panel ? Thank you 👍0E148F9B-487C-4A0A-B4B0-1CF53DF5D9D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 97663A6A-0480-4541-95BA-43BB4B3033CE.jpeg
    97663A6A-0480-4541-95BA-43BB4B3033CE.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 3

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , ay
Just doing the kick panel speaker grills, they had worn through to silver on the edges so just freshened them up,
Going to try to remove the map pocket panel next as it just looks a bit tired, will repaint the panel but may buy a new pocket if i cant spruce it up a bit . I think just the pocket is available . Any one removed this panel , or know what happens to the pull knob for the ball vent ? How do i remove , or does it come off with the panel ? Thank you 👍View attachment 9666
[/QUOTE
Hi , anyone know how to remove the pull knob in the passenger side lower dash , map pocket trim. It doesnt seem to unscrew. ?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , any tips for freshening up the passenger side lower dash trim, can paint the hard plastic , it was more the wallet bit. Just painted a tan seat belt retractor cover in black trim paint and very pleased with the finish . Going to try the lower side kick panel trims next . View attachment 9653
Kick panels done, so today I took out the map pocket trim, the pocket was looking pretty dry and tired, gave that a good feed with a lanolin leather cream . Removed and freed up the ball vent and repainted the plastic lower dash trim. Just a bit of re fitting and then back in the car.. will gradually refresh all the interior trim. Very satisfying

Attachments

• C597B190-592A-41D3-8144-01FB9D710557.jpeg
    C597B190-592A-41D3-8144-01FB9D710557.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2CDA7C19-EF68-41AC-BC98-73234460AF9A.jpeg
    2CDA7C19-EF68-41AC-BC98-73234460AF9A.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 11

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Looking really good Mad4 , all the bits you have done look like brand new (y) You must be well pleased . I did the same to my grill panels along with flippy floppy rubberised handbrake centre console. Even by in period Yank build quality that really is one god awefull detail , its like a jelly mold 👎
Also sprayed the seat buckets and backs in trim black too before fitting the new leather upholstery . As you say , very satisfying and a very cost effective way refurbishing the interior . I also stripped out all the A and B post trim sections plus screen and T top trims and prepped and resprayed them in Oatmeal colour to match door cards and new seats .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Looking really good Mad4 , all the bits you have done look like brand new (y) You must be well pleased . I did the same to my grill panels along with flippy floppy rubberised handbrake centre console. Even by in period Yank build quality that really is one god awefull detail , its like a jelly mold 👎
Also sprayed the seat buckets and backs in trim black too before fitting the new leather upholstery . As you say , very satisfying and a very cost effective way refurbishing the interior . I also stripped out all the A and B post trim sections plus screen and T top trims and prepped and resprayed them in Oatmeal colour to match door cards and new seats .
Yes, my t top trims will be next I think. Nearly have all the bits to fit the period lap and shoulder belts now, . None of my bits were really tatty, more just edgy that collectively made the cockpit a bit worn, hoping now it will just have lifted it enough to make it a little nicer place to be but still have that original feel. 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Good work, a lot of vettes have a cabin where you just wouldnt want to spend much time. Been put off buying loads of cars over the years down to the amount of work needed on the interior.
After a 100 mile trip up north , I nearly walked away when I first saw the interior on mine ! The exterior was stunning as per the photos in the advert but the interior was a shabby mish mash of half arsed attempts by someone to paint odd bits black . With over paint and drips here and there . The carpets had gone ginger in the sun and seat belts were frayed . Also during shipping from Japan some moron had driven it with thick black oil on their boots , probably marine oil . Nothing would shift it from the footwell carpets. Spent 2 hours going over the car , test driving and mulling it over . The chassis was sound so decided to go ahead .