Reverse camera

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Close shave yesterday!!
being an old duffer of 61 with less neck rotation these days I was getting the vette out and reversing in the gardenand had a senior moment 😱
Watching my wife’s car i managed to back into my beetle. Luckily it was just a touch on the vette rear bumper and the beetle bumper flexed in below the headlight and popped out. It felt a very scary clunk tho when it hit!
no damage at all to vette as well engineered bumper.
but thinking about a reverse camera as the rear viz with those buttresses and stiff neck is tricky at best.
Any recommendations for a discreet camera system?
Any one else had similar near misses , or worse ?👍

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
There are loads of self fit ones on line, some as little as £25 odd quid. Small discrete camera by the number plate light. Problem is where to put the monitor & wiring it up. Clip on mirror monitor probably the simplest & easily removed.If your car had/has reversing lights, there must be a switch on the gear box/ shifter area.

Chris Sale

CCCUK Member
Stephen beat me to it!!

Yes, that's the one I have. I bought it for my '64 after a near-embarrassing moment at a North West event earlier in the year when I failed to notice some low rocks behind me.

What attracted me to this model was the wireless connection between camera and monitor as I really didn't want to have to install another cable from front to rear. Happy to send you some photos of my installation if these would help.

Chris Sale
'64 Coupe

Roscobbc

Is there a combined camera and audible radar sensor on the market? - perhaps best of both worlds? - mind you chrome bumper C3's are all too easy to 'impale' centre of front bumper so a front one would be helpful too......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Stephen beat me to it!!

Yes, that's the one I have. I bought it for my '64 after a near-embarrassing moment at a North West event earlier in the year when I failed to notice some low rocks behind me.

What attracted me to this model was the wireless connection between camera and monitor as I really didn't want to have to install another cable from front to rear. Happy to send you some photos of my installation if these would help.

Chris Sale
'64 Coupe
Where did you locate the camera? Any chance of a picture?

Chris Sale

CCCUK Member
I located the camera in my licence plate, at one side This meant I only had to drill one small hole in the body, and this is hidden by the plate.
PM sent.

Chris Sale