RIP Richard Harris

Roscobbc

It is with sadness I report the passing of Richard Harris. Richard, (who passed away yesterday) was a well loved and respected CCCUK and NCRS member based in the Kent region. Most of us will remember him at the Nats, other shows and NCRS judgings with his superb 427 C2 and C6Z06. RIP Richard.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Devastated when I heard this yesterday evening Ross. Richard was a giant Corvette guy and I believe his passion for Corvettes and getting his '66 L72 through NCRS judging for the 6th Top Flight kept him alive and coping with the 2 years of chemo. Never a bad word to anyone and a thumbs up for every Corvette basket case or garage queen. RIP mate

Attachments

• 20180701_121440_resized.jpg
    20180701_121440_resized.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 9

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
RIP Richard. A real "VetteHead" obviously. How old was he if I may ask? What a fabulous Vette!!!
79. That is one of the few 427 / 450's that got out before the USA .Gov stepped in and said no reduce the HP to 425 by placing a new decal on the air cleaner. Richards Corvette was in a fire a long time ago and he bought it and brought it back to win 6 NCRS Top Flights. He also has a C6 ZO6. He lived Corvettes

kentvette

CCCUK Member
June and I were very sad when we heard this news yesterday. Richard was in fact the first "member" of the Kent region, when I formed it way back in the very early 90's and was an enthusiastic participant in all the events that we ran back then. We have many happy memories of journeys all over the country, from Northampton to the south west, with Richard and son Mark, initially with his C3, later the 66. He was a founder member of the NCRS UK Chapter of course. He was also instrumental in effecting our move here to France, as his professional knowledge and expertise was invaluable. A real stalwart of the Corvette community.