Scuttle grills

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, am wondering if there is such a thing available as a chrome wiper door vent grill available in chrome, am hoping to get a pr of rear astro vent grills in chrome as I think it may break up the expanse of blue of the rear deck. The wiper door vent grill looks a bit edgy as it is not perfect paint and it holds dried wax in the slots that look white. I think a chrome one may tidy it up . Easy I know to go a step too far with add ons and end up looking like a christmas tree. But I think this may just work.
Thoughts or suggestions welcome πŸ‘

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi all, am wondering if there is such a thing available as a chrome wiper door vent grill available in chrome, am hoping to get a pr of rear astro vent grills in chrome as I think it may break up the expanse of blue of the rear deck. The wiper door vent grill looks a bit edgy as it is not perfect paint and it holds dried wax in the slots that look white. I think a chrome one may tidy it up . Easy I know to go a step too far with add ons and end up looking like a christmas tree. But I think this may just work.
Thoughts or suggestions welcome πŸ‘
A bit too bling IMO ma man .☹️

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You could take the grill items off the car and take them to a chroming place / send them off to a chroming place. That way you know they are the originals and should fit fine when you put them back on.

That said, possibly a bit too much bling, but you could try making a cardboard cutout of the grills and spray painting them silver as a quick reference to see how "chrome" would look in amongst all the blue.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
You could take the grill items off the car and take them to a chroming place / send them off to a chroming place. That way you know they are the originals and should fit fine when you put them back on.

That said, possibly a bit too much bling, but you could try making a cardboard cutout of the grills and spray painting them silver as a quick reference to see how "chrome" would look in amongst all the blue.
do you know, the reason I wanted rear deck astro vent grills in chrome is that if I get the right angle under my garage lights they would reflect and look like chrome so the back I think will be fine. The front grill by the wiper door doesnt seem to be available but I saw a post that referred to the vette on wheeler dealers( I think) that had a chrome vent grill, I thought it looked far from terrible. Still thinking about it. plating my original would be an option as you say. The blue does sit well with a bit of shiny, new front bumper has sharpend up the front end , old one was a good driver quality but under close inspection had greyed a bit and lacked the lustre of the re chromed rears. As will the bright new orange lenses , old ones a bit tired . πŸ‘ love fettling this car😍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Don't go confusing the post about the Vette on Car SOS and the Vette they did on Wheelers Dealers. Don't want TV lawyers after you. :)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
not sure which one it was .
Just looked again, it was the wheeler dealer c3. The rear deck vent grills on a vert are stuck in the midst of the deck and the top cover panel so look a bit wrong, however, on a coupe they are close to the rear window so the chrome wouldnt hit you like on the soft top , still think it will work , still deciding over the wiper door grill, will get a chrome plating quote out of interest. πŸ‘

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Just looked again, it was the wheeler dealer c3. The rear deck vent grills on a vert are stuck in the midst of the deck and the top cover panel so look a bit wrong, however, on a coupe they are close to the rear window so the chrome wouldnt hit you like on the soft top , still think it will work , still deciding over the wiper door grill, will get a chrome plating quote out of interest. πŸ‘
found some. pics online of a blue one. The rears yes , the front , undecided but definitely not awful imo. πŸ‘EC9E9930-B443-4A3F-A2AC-D2713614E376.png6FE215F9-FBA6-4ECE-BF2C-DEC8E4D4BADB.png

Roscobbc

Question for 'yall......can chrome be successfully deposited on larger more complex moulded low grade alloy/mazak base materials......the front one is big piece.....

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Looking at the pictures I'd agree the rear vents look nice chromed, but the front grill - argh, my eyes, my eyes! :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve seen the front wiper door/grill chrome plated and I didn’t like it. It just didn’t look β€œright”
Now the rear grills do look good chromed.