seat adjusters

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Hi Guys hope you are all well, beginning to bond a little with the C3 now, I'm just trying to get some of the niggly bits done, my seat drops back on the adjusters with the rubber tips on ( there were some new ones in a bag of bits he gave me so on they went, only thing is the rubbers are a good 6-8mm wrong side of lining up with the flat metal pegs underneath. am i missing something or is this how they are and does anyone have any ideasIMG_7572.jpgIMG_7572.jpgIMG_7572.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7573.jpg
    IMG_7573.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 12

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Just looked at my 78 & there is a slight mis alignment, but not to the extent of yours. I've got the upper rubber part wound all the way in, & adjusted the lower part up for adjustment. Other than that, could the hinge/ seat squab be misaligned? Hinge pulling rearwards? Steve

johng

CCCUK Member
I recently rebuilt my seat frames and had to make a number of "adjustments" to get them to line up.
Firstly my upper adjustment bolts were all bent (and most of the rubber was missing) so new ones needed there.
On one of my seats, the seat frame where the lower parts screw in was bent and cracked, so this needed knocking back into shape and welding.
I also found that if you loosen off the screws that attach the long chrome bars to the back rest there is a bit of slack in the holes for the screws, so you can reposition them a bit (however you need to remove the seat cover to do this). My chrome bars also needed a bit of bending to line up the adjusters side to side.
It would also be worth taking a look at the pivot bolt bushes, if they are cracked, worn or missing, then that won't help.

As I understand it the lower parts should be screwed all the way in and the adjustment made with the upper parts.