Seat back latch query

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hello, my passenger seat back does not latch in the upright position. Any hints on if this is a common problem. Thank you’s

johng

CCCUK Member
It could be that your seat back is too upright. I recently recovered and re-assembled my seats and found that my latches wouldn't latch unless I screwed the bumpers at the bottom of the seat back nearly all the way in. Other than that your latch mechanism could just be seized up. A squirt of WD40 might free it up.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It could be that your seat back is too upright. I recently recovered and re-assembled my seats and found that my latches wouldn't latch unless I screwed the bumpers at the bottom of the seat back nearly all the way in. Other than that your latch mechanism could just be seized up. A squirt of WD40 might free it up.
Ah, thank you, I have not sat in that side and put the seat forward , I will try and adjust and look at the bumper stop adjustment.👍

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The WD40 worked thank you👍