See the C8 Z06 Reveal tomorrow Tues, 12 PM ET USA

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
We use the term WaXer as someone who owns a Corvette and puts a lot of makeup on it as if it is a doll
The tools they have are rags, Q-tips and a chair to sit a carshows

We use the term WaZer as someone who owns a Corvette, does the makeup crap plus puts bogus shiny mods on it and goes to a driver's school once on a track and follows a lead car and then claims he is a hot ass racer but never has even popped the rev limiter and insists the $300 air cleaner adds 30 HP and another 30 HP for a CATback exhaust and goes many times to a chassis dyno shop that has a non load bearing 2,700 pound drum against their 3,500 pound Corvette and states how badass their mods are.

They love fake carbon-fiber mods !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah, I was just joking about that - most car reviews nowadays just seem to focus on practicality, how "green" the car is, and how cheap it is to run. So its nice and refreshing that Corvette haven't stated any of those details - because to be fair, if you care about those kind of details then a Corvette isn't the car for you :ROFLMAO:

Out of interest, what term do you use for a driver that is in-between a "waxer" and a "racer"? (maybe a "wacer", or a "raxer"? LOL) I ask as that'd probably be me, I like fast-ish / fun cars, but I don't drive them amazingly fast due to various medical reasons that I feel we don't need to go into here. I do like the loud pedal though.
And there was me thinking all you needed was some `Go Faster` body stripes and a BIG exhaust tail pipe to add another 100 bhp to your car . 🤣

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
We use the term WaXer as someone who owns a Corvette and puts a lot of makeup on it as if it is a doll
The tools they have are rags, Q-tips and a chair to sit a carshows

We use the term WaZer as someone who owns a Corvette, does the makeup crap plus puts bogus shiny mods on it and goes to a driver's school once on a track and follows a lead car and then claims he is a hot ass racer but never has even popped the rev limiter and insists the $300 air cleaner adds 30 HP and another 30 HP for a CATback exhaust and goes many times to a chassis dyno shop that has a non load bearing 2,700 pound drum against their 3,500 pound Corvette and states how badass their mods are.

They love fake carbon-fiber mods !
Ahhh.... my misunderstanding. I thought the term waxer meant something else, but your description makes much more sense thanks.

I fit into the category of:
"I drive it in a fun manner on the roads, but not too fast as can't. I hate washing cars but will do for shows etc. I like working on my car here and there, but admittedly have limited skills so often take the car to a garage. I'm not into "Max Power" style car mods, but mods that actually do something useful etc. I have been on trackdays before, including the nurburgring, but I know my limit and just have fun at my own speeds etc".

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ahhh.... my misunderstanding. I thought the term waxer meant something else, but your description makes much more sense thanks.

I fit into the category of:
"I drive it in a fun manner on the roads, but not too fast as can't. I hate washing cars but will do for shows etc. I like working on my car here and there, but admittedly have limited skills so often take the car to a garage. I'm not into "Max Power" style car mods, but mods that actually do something useful etc. I have been on trackdays before, including the nurburgring, but I know my limit and just have fun at my own speeds etc".
" A man should always know his limitations " . quote Dirty Harry . :LOL:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Aye, I know my limits. But sometimes, just sometimes you say "screw it" to them and chase that Civic Type R up a way up ahead on the Nurburgring in your old 205 Gti, hunt that bugger down and overtake him because it's amusing :ROFLMAO: . Granted I had a 16v engine conversion (about 160bhp at the time) to help me, but hey, he still had more power than me. :ROFLMAO:

Roscobbc

I remember many years ago when I had a 205GTI as a company car and driving a 20 minute, 15 mile cross Kent 'B' road journey 'against' a Fiat Strada Abarth TC 2 litre (remember those) driven by a really competent female. Whilst the Peugeot was a superb handling hatchback in the 0-60 'dashes' 2 litre hatchbacks were generally quicker and the extra power of the Fiat driven 'properly' by the girl was a formidable competitor. Great fun.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The Power

The new 5.5-liter flat-plane crank LT6 V8 has a bore of 4.104 inches and a stroke of 3.150 inches.
The block is manufactured from A319-T7 sand-cast aluminum and features pressed-in iron cylinder liners and four-bolt main bearing caps with A356 T6 cast aluminum heads.
The DOHC 32-valve mill is capable of 670 horsepower at 8,400 RPM and a max torque of 460 lb-ft at 6,300 RPM.
The Tremec 8-speed dual-clutch transmission is designed with a shorter 5.56:1 final drive for the Z06.

Suspension Setup​

The suspension setup at the front and rear is a short/long-arm double wishbone system.
There are forged aluminum upper and cast aluminum L-shaped lower control arms and monotube shock absorbers at work.
The Magnetic Selective Ride Control 4.0 is an option.
The Z07 performance package gets its own specially tuned version of the Magnetic Ride Control system.

Brakes​

The Z06 comes with new Brembo brakes at all four corners.
The front wheels are equipped with 6-piston calipers and 14.6-inch rotors. At the rear, there are 4-piston brakes with 15-inch rotors.
The Z07 package brings in carbon-ceramic brakes measuring 15.7-inches and 15.5-inches at the front and rear respectively.

Wheel and Tire Options​

The first mid-engine Z06 features a staggered wheel setup, with the front wheels measuring 20 by 10 inches and the rear wheels 21 by 13.
The carbon fiber wheels shown in the image above are available with the Z07 package as well.
The standard tires for the Z06 are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ZPs. Though with the Z07, Michelin Sport Cup 2 R ZP tires are also an option.

Exterior Dimensions​

Gaining 3.6 inches of width in comparison to the Stingray, the Z06 models will measure 79.7 inches wide.
The track measurements are 66.3 and 66.1 inches for the front and rear, respectively.
The overall length of the standard Z06 comes in at 184.6 inches, while the carbon fiber ground effects bring the total up to 185.9.
The wheelbase is 107.2 inches and the overall height is 48.6 inches.
With the Z07 package and lightweight wheels, the car weighs in at 3,434 lbs.

Interior and Cargo​

The interior space is not changed from the base trim.
Here we get 37.9 inches of headroom, 42.8 inches of legroom, 54.4 inches of shoulder room, and 52 inches of front hip room.
The cargo space remains the same as the Stingray as well, with 12.6 cubic inches of capacity.