Silverstone Festival

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A cornacopia of Corvettes at Silverstone Festival over the three days . We had 17 cars on Friday covering all models from C1 through to two C8`s with everone taking to the Grand Prix circuit for the 70th Anniversary of Corvette parade laps on glorious sunshine . Plenty of Chevy action on track over the three days with Corvettes and Camaros including CCCUK`s very own `hot shoe` Tim Brook ( aka Oneball) in his stunning C3 .DSC_3037.JPGDSC_3038.JPGDSC_3039.JPGDSC_3087.JPGDSC_3184.JPGDSC_3187.JPGDSC_3156.JPG

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Unfortunately I only managed to get over to the stand when no one was there but did meet a few of you in the pits. Decided to leave early on Sunday as whatever had been going round our little team I ended up getting unfortunately, did manage a wave as I drove past on the way to putting the car on the trailer.

84996EF2-54A5-4E5C-BCD9-775A64DED4A2.jpegDC3E0606-CBC6-48AB-A857-6704F09C066F.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Plenty of anniversaries celebrated over the weekend . 75 years of racing at Silverstone Circuit , 75 years of NASCAR . The sight 14 of them doing demo laps sounded awesome and what a line up they made in the International Paddock . Another significant anniversary was the 70th birthday of a lovely lady named Annie . Her daughter had contacted our Chairman to ask if a special surprise birthday treat could be arranged for her mum to have a ride in a Corvette on the parade laps . Annie had lived in the USA for some years and loved American cars , especially Corvettes . Peter Sansbury passed the details on to me to get things organised and all the necessary MSA forms completed . The look of surprise on Annies face was priceless when her family walked her up to our display area and the `surprise birthday present ` was sprung . Gus Holton kindly obliged as `taxi driver` as everyone else had a passenger already .DSC_3305.JPGDSC_3309.JPGDSC_3311.JPGDSC_3312.JPGDSC_3313.JPGDSC_3047.JPGDSC_3054.JPGDSC_3314.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Plenty of anniversaries celebrated over the weekend . 75 years of racing at Silverstone Circuit , 75 years of NASCAR . The sight 14 of them doing demo laps sounded awesome and what a line up they made in the International Paddock . Another significant anniversary was the 70th birthday of a lovely lady named Annie . Her daughter had contacted our Chairman to ask if a special surprise birthday treat could be arranged for her mum to have a ride in a Corvette on the parade laps . Annie had lived in the USA for some years and loved American cars , especially Corvettes . Peter Sansbury passed the details on to me to get things organised and all the necessary MSA forms completed . The look of surprise on Annies face was priceless when her family walked her up to our display area and the `surprise birthday present ` was sprung . Gus Holton kindly obliged as `taxi driver` as everyone else had a passenger already .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very nice pictures.
I know we have to have front plates, but the one on that blue C8 looks bloody awful. Must be a better option somewhere?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
There is a live stream of Silverstone Festival on YouTube with coverage of the car club parade laps on the Friday . There are a few shots of us all on track from various vantage points but the two commentators just babble on and on and not once do they mention Corvettes and the 70th anniversary !!
Worth a quick watch if you fast forward most of it . There`s a nice close up of Colin Feyerabend in his fabulous C1 .