Snow !!!

Roscobbc

Far too many 'sickles' for one person..............would still love one of these (even though I probably couldn't hold it it up now)
motorbike40171.jpg
motorbike40171.jpg

uncle albert

Well-known user
Too many !!!!!! Your probably right,...yep,you heard that right.......My son keeps telling me,as well....... and this year I intend get rid of some.........As my old mate graham said, you have one car/bike.. That way, you always have one to go to shows in/on,and not in the garage working on one of the other {insert your own no. } You may know graham,or at least his car....he has a 1965 Pontiac gto in red/red,usually with a toy tiger on the seat with the no. plate GRRRRR

Roscobbc

Too many !!!!!! Your probably right,...yep,you heard that right.......My son keeps telling me,as well....... and this year I intend get rid of some.........As my old mate graham said, you have one car/bike.. That way, you always have one to go to shows in/on,and not in the garage working on one of the other {insert your own no. } You may know graham,or at least his car....he has a 1965 Pontiac gto in red/red,usually with a toy tiger on the seat with the no. plate GRRRRR
Have known Graham for 45 years - first time I 'met him' (in his 'Goat') was on the A12 at Gants Hill. I was in my first yank - a 289 powered manual '4 door '65 Galaxie - no contest really.......fixed that a couple of years later with a '66 Galaxie 7 Litre coupe c/w 428 and 4 speed. That 'ran' fairly equal to the GTO.

uncle albert

Well-known user
Small world. I was his apprentice,back in the late 70's. Back then,he took me for a spin,in the then, quite tatty,gto. He pulled out of goodmayes, telephone exchange,and we reached 70 mph up kingswood road before getting to the 1st junction !!!!!!!!!! He used to do that old trick,of putting a fiver on the dash,and seeing if you could get it while he was accelerating....you couldn't............Oh well, happy days, back to the garage for me now...

Roscobbc

An even smaller world. I remember when Graham's spare time was totally dominated by stripping-down the old exhange equipment he bought (when they upgraded) he was removing the precious metal relay contacts (patinum perhaps) for scrap - he had a schedule of doing so many each evening........for 18 months or so. He did well on the scrap value - bought a few car bits I guess. That Galaxie was bought of a GPO engineer - Graham Knew him (Ian Wildblood) - was heavily in to traction engines - back then he kept them on a farm off Fencepiece Road.......

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Here is our mini Harley collection , my wife loves Harley`s so I bought her these over the years . Two Heritage Soft Tails and the `Billy Bike` chopper of Easy Rider fame. The larger Soft Tail is 20 inches long and weighs a ton !! It has working brakes , pedals and belt drive and front suspension . Head lights , brake lights , flashing indicators and horn all work from tiny batteries in the fuel tank . Even the air filter cover unscrews to access the filter element . DSCF3246.JPGDSCF3248.JPGDSCF3250.JPGDSCF3252.JPGDSCF3253.JPG

uncle albert

Well-known user
Chuffer.......You'll have to forgive me.. [Maybe more than once.!! }.......I've been in the garage all day, "playing" with mechanical, fuel injection.....surrounded by my favourite friends , Mr. Bsa. Mrs. Triumph, and Miss, Stella Artois .....Later on Jack Daniels turned up with Johnnie Walker !!!!.... So when i saw your post,... I thought.....thats... a big kitchen. Then in the house.... I could see they were models.!!!..I also recalled a memory, with my wife, and a model car,...which pleased her parents at the time !!!!...but thats for another day.. Buy a her a full size harley...wont take long before she wants a, Motorbike ,to ride !!!!!!!!.By the way I take it, the stunning, comment, refers to my facebook profile picture....... Better sign off now..this is a 4 wheel club...and very sociable it is too.....

uncle albert

Well-known user
Well Ross....Ian Wildblood,....thats a blast from the past..I think I knew him from Mill House,although it could have been, Romford South. I seem to remember either,buying a car from him,or selling him one..Can I assume you spent some time on the gpo..?? you'll notice I didn't say Work.. Anyway ...Graham....i was working at goodmayes when he bought the old strowger exch......but i can ellaborate a bit,and tell you things,he may have not told you.......but it made some of us chuckle..a bit...
Previous to graham..another engineer, had bought the equipment from another exch....but just cut off the palladium contacts,and left the rest in situ.....Bt were not pleased........ So graham was told he had to remove it lock stock and barrel......It was hard work...!!.No lift....hundreds,and hundreds,of selecters...cables by the mile...he was making about ten return trips every weekend,in his 2000e estate..that, would be worth a few quid now.!! In the process he had to deal with the alarms that came up,on the floor.!!.Some unkind people {not me} rigged up alarms..to activate while they were on weekend overtime doing routines....just to see him running about like a blue arsed fly......He had to devise a way of removing the tiny ,but valuable,palladium contacts,without losing them..they were smaller than pinheads...Then removing the valuable, copper from the outer,worthless plastic,covering..after a few days with the wire strippers...he had a bonfire to melt the plastic off.....the fire brigade turned up !!!!!!! One last thing..I hope he has forgot...he bought in to work a tiny jar, with all the contacts...I picked it up and the lid was loose....lucky there wasn't carpet on the floor........

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Chuffer.......You'll have to forgive me.. [Maybe more than once.!! }.......I've been in the garage all day, "playing" with mechanical, fuel injection.....surrounded by my favourite friends , Mr. Bsa. Mrs. Triumph, and Miss, Stella Artois .....Later on Jack Daniels turned up with Johnnie Walker !!!!.... So when i saw your post,... I thought.....thats... a big kitchen. Then in the house.... I could see they were models.!!!..I also recalled a memory, with my wife, and a model car,...which pleased her parents at the time !!!!...but thats for another day.. Buy a her a full size harley...wont take long before she wants a, Motorbike ,to ride !!!!!!!!.By the way I take it, the stunning, comment, refers to my facebook profile picture....... Better sign off now..this is a 4 wheel club...and very sociable it is too.....

Uncle Albert , I think I can forgive you playing with all your classic bikes but I am surprised you can even remember after Stella Artois , Jack Daniels and then Johnny Walker ! :ROFLMAO::LOL: As for your facebook profile , I couldn`t possibly comment !