Some Interesting C8 Cut-Away Shots

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
Thanks Norm; C8 looks pretty sophisticated and nicely designed/assembled (although I guess some Ferraristas might say it looks a bit 'old hat'). That's as may be, but GM should be applauded for producing a great new 'vette……. and at a pretty nifty price, too, by all accounts.
J.C. (1911)

z06_tim

Busy user
Thanks Norm; C8 looks pretty sophisticated and nicely designed/assembled (although I guess some Ferraristas might say it looks a bit 'old hat'). That's as may be, but GM should be applauded for producing a great new 'vette……. and at a pretty nifty price, too, by all accounts.
J.C. (1911)

I would argue this structure is much more advanced than most Ferraris. Take a look at a 458/488, F12 or California for instance. Portofino is the next gen, but to be honest doesn't advance things much. Those cars use mainly very simple components and a lot of welding that ruins the heat treatment from the high strength alloys used. Get up close, and they look like they could have been welded in someone's garage! The new Chevy has some significant castings that will have had a huge amount of optimisation to give exceptional chassis hard-point stiffness. Ferrari have not yet done an all carbon structure on anything but the halo models. It is only McLaren that have a carbon tub for their entry level cars (or indeed their entire range).

This link has some good insights: