Something new?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I must confess before I bought my C3, I hadn't really noticed the gill changes. I knew I just wanted a chrome bumper C3. Looking at them now, I'm glad I have the early gills as they look more seamlessly integrated into the body than the egg crates in Nassau's middle photo above. The actual egg crate section itself looks great, but IMHO is slightly ruined by the fact its a removable panel with gap lines all around it, instead of being seamlessly integrated like the top and bottom photos above in Nassau's post.

All that said, I must be kind of a hypocrite because the top photo (and my car) have the gill inserts, so no longer are "seamless" :ROFLMAO:
I think the seperate panel was a manufacturing Thing to enable the same fenders . Better than a bead of sealant as on a modern car. The egg crates are, imo, at their best, painted body colour with polished edges. when the whole panel is stripped, I think it stands out as a big rectangular panel, a bit misplaced amongst all the lovely vette curves . And would prefer the 68/69 gills over this.
But painted and stripped edges to me is my all time favorite 😍.IMG_7573.jpeg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Those egg crates do look good on yours - the shiny edges do complete the look. But then I'm quite partial to a blue C3 :ROFLMAO: