Stars & Stripes 3rd & 4th July

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Anyone on here attending that I need to avoid? :D

Along with a few others I'll be setting up our CCCUK club stand (three gazebos!) on Friday and attending both days. We have 33 Corvette's on Saturday and 44 on Sunday if they all show!

I have a few spare weekend passes that are good for both days or just one if anyone wakes up unusually sober and fancy's a trip out. The passes are free and admit one car and two people.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Spotted it - a 65 BB 👍 Are we up and running or a project?

No more projects for now Bill! It runs like a scalded cat and with the glass packs and resonators connected to that 396 makes quite the racket. Me and Garry are due to pick it up Sunday but my bank are saying too much ££ in one day so the remaining 40% should go through after midnight but if it doesn't it'll be next week.

20210623_161658_resized.jpg

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
That's bang on Stuart. For the sake of your neighbours though, I hope you don't intend starting up all three at once and blipping the throttles:eek:
Do we get to see this at Tatton? Weather permitting. Looks like a candidate for a plaque.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
That's bang on Stuart. For the sake of your neighbours though, I hope you don't intend starting up all three at once and blipping the throttles:eek:
Do we get to see this at Tatton? Weather permitting. Looks like a candidate for a plaque.

I have to tell my story Bill. The red LT-1 took 1st place for classic Corvette 2017 & 2018 on either Sat or Sun. Having worked on the yellow one for the best part of 18 months, my target was S&S 2019 and I made it by a whisker. Arriving on Saturday with both parked up we (my mate Simon) had a walk round and was caught by one of the judges that informed me that red wouldn't be judged which was a shock given the prep work that I'd done but I can also understand the reasons why. Unbeknown to the judges yellow being mine as well and it it took 1st place. When I stepped forward to collect the trophy the look of shock on his face was priceless. So maybe I will bring it down :D

The competition though is fierce. Just a few C2's off the top of my head - Graham's SWC, Brian's Marina Blue '64, Corin's silver / grey '66, Palmo's '66, Gary's '65 and a shed load of pristine C3's including yours. There's a concourse C1 but I don't think he's coming.

Neighbours are ok and one commented it was the best wake up call ever last Sunday at 7:00am mate, windows were shakin' and his wife asked for a leg over ;)

All good mate whatever and whoever takes the cake, except that one guy..

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been looking into my crystal ball, and you won't like what I've seen
You arrive back with the new car, get out and with a theatrical wave of the hand say to Mrs C. "isn't she gorgeous?" Only to be met with an icy look and "WTF do you want that for - you've already got two others"
Before you get the chance to answer that perfectly reasonable question you will find yourself holding a brochure from Patrick O'Toole, renowned horse breeder of County Cork, open at the page depicting a young filly for sale, claiming blood lines running back to Red Rum. "Now that's what I call gorgeous and I want it to add to my collection of hay munchers, so if you value this marriage Stu baby, get your cheque book out pronto"
"Besides, she's a snip at £50K"
Oh sh*t :eek:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been looking into my crystal ball, and you won't like what I've seen
You arrive back with the new car, get out and with a theatrical wave of the hand say to Mrs C. "isn't she gorgeous?" Only to be met with an icy look and "WTF do you want that for - you've already got two others"
Before you get the chance to answer that perfectly reasonable question you will find yourself holding a brochure from Patrick O'Toole, renowned horse breeder of County Cork, open at the page depicting a young filly for sale, claiming blood lines running back to Red Rum. "Now that's what I call gorgeous and I want it to add to my collection of hay munchers, so if you value this marriage Stu baby, get your cheque book out pronto"
"Besides, she's a snip at £50K"
Oh sh*t :eek:
'Stu baby' :D

Well, you know what you can do with your crystal ball Bill!

As they say, if mamma aint happy, no ones happy. I don't mind her horses as it makes it hard for her to argue against my expenditure. Speaking of which, the final funds cleared over night so the 400 mile trek is on tomorrow - M6, M40, M25 joy oh joy :cautious:

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
'Stu baby' :D

Well, you know what you can do with your crystal ball Bill!

As they say, if mamma aint happy, no ones happy. I don't mind her horses as it makes it hard for her to argue against my expenditure. Speaking of which, the final funds cleared over night so the 400 mile trek is on tomorrow - M6, M40, M25 joy oh joy :cautious:
You have obviously learnt well in your marriage.....my husband is lucky as I finance my Corvette and my ponies myself!!!!