Starter?

Orson Kart

Regular user
I recently replaced one worn out starter motor with a reconditioned one....not sure if the replacement is now failing too? I can't upload the video file to the forum for some reason. So I've put a clip on the Facebook group.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I recently replaced one worn out starter motor with a reconditioned one....not sure if the replacement is now failing too? I can't upload the video file to the forum for some reason. So I've put a clip on the Facebook group.
What do you mean by failing ? Will not engage or spin over ? Works occasionally but just `clicks` on restart after a run and engine is hot ? What model Vette do you have . I don`t do Facebook so asking here .

Orson Kart

Regular user
It's an '89 C4. The something sounds like it's trying to engage, but just makes an "angry noise". Had some feedback on the Facebook page too, thanks. Today I'll be cleaning up earthing wires and battery terminals 👍

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Having same problem. Putting on new starter motor tomorrow to see if that helps and will try to refurbish the old one so it doesn't go to waste. Could be a busted battery cable though.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
It's an '89 C4. The something sounds like it's trying to engage, but just makes an "angry noise". Had some feedback on the Facebook page too, thanks. Today I'll be cleaning up earthing wires and battery terminals 👍

I'd look to see if it is the starter solenoid first, would be a cheap fix over buying a new starter