Stingray badges ?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
A quick one, anyone had a stingray badge off recently, are the stuck on or located on a couple of studs? If so do they just push in and pull off or do they have speed nuts or similar inside the fender. Just want to remove mine to flat and polish behind them . Any tips on best way to remove. šŸ‘ many thanks all

Gordon Phipps

CCCUK regional rep
Do you mean the "Stingray" script badge on the side of the wing. If so, I replaced one of mine recently. They are held on with special double sided adhesive and located with a couple of locating pins. If you take them off you wont get them back on. I had to buy a new one which cost me nigh on Ā£100.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Do you mean the "Stingray" script badge on the side of the wing. If so, I replaced one of mine recently. They are held on with special double sided adhesive and located with a couple of locating pins. If you take them off you wont get them back on. I had to buy a new one which cost me nigh on Ā£100.
Thats what I wondered, have to polish around as best I can. Thanks for clarifying that šŸ‘

Letank

CCCUK Member
I thought Iā€™d previously read there was a difference between the emblem on chrome bumper cars and later ones. Checked on ZIP and sure enough found two different parts. This is what they say in the description:

What's the difference between 1969-1973 & 1974-1976 Stingray side fender emblems? 1969-1973 Stingray side fender emblems feature (4) long mounting posts for alignment. Longer mounting post allow for use of thread cutting speed nuts as found on some early models. 1974-1976 Stingray side fender emblems feature (3) short mounting posts for alignment. Both emblems feature pre-installed self-adhesive tape/paper.