T-tops; why can’t I find new ones?

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
So, I have had an issue with my passenger side lid. And clearly so did one of the previous owners. Their bodge job was, well, bodgey.
Regardless of what was done before, I’m trying to look forward. Mainly because, driving along the motorway, the front locating pin (or more specifically the fibreglass around the front pin) gave out and I nearly lost the roof section. Utterly terrifying at motorway speeds at 11pm.

Anyway, I’m not precious about finding one from the same age as very little of my ‘70 is original. So I want to replace new for old, but can I find one, can I buggery. Plenty on eBay, but they’re all extremely tattered and almost need as much work as my busted one.

So if anyone sees new fibreglass lids for sale let me know. And I have checked a lot of places and they ALLLLLL do glass, frosted glass, blue tinted, amber tinted, blue smoked tinted, amber smoked tinted, etc etc, but I haven’t found a single place that will do fibreglass replacements.

Any clues or am I just being blind? Or stupid? All equally a possibility.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
I see Keith at Eurovettes has a pair (used) for £250, might be worth making contact and see how good/bad they are? Just an option fella?