The new C8

N

Norm

IMO, GM/Chevrolet will never let the Corvette brand name go solo, it's Chevy's halo vehicle. You'll notice you won't see the name Chevrolet anywhere on the Corvette model, the only indication I found was the Chevy tiny bow tie on the Corvette generation logo badge.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
A little while ago I heard a few suggestions that the new ME car would be a Cadillac. I have wondered if an internal GM "power-struggle was part of the reason for the long delay. Since GM axed the Caddy head man last year that rumour has subsided. Norm might be interested to know that over here, in mainland Europe at least, Corvette is a separate brand, not sold with Chevrolets (when GM was selling them here) but specif Corvette and Cadillac dealerships, of which there are very few. But I think Chevy wuld fight very hard to keep it as a Chevrolet, even though it doesn't carry any Chevy logos. (I think I'm right in saying that on the C6, when you pressed the "Start" button, the DIC scrolled a message that said "Corvette by Chevrolet"?

I also heard, only last night actually, that the current GM CEO, Mary Barra, (a "bean-counter", not a car girl!) has "made noises" about the viablilty of Corvette in GM's line up, and is apparently keen to "let it go! Mark Reuss's recent naming as GM President may help defer that line of thinking!

N

Norm

The quick Chevrolet flash on the screen is about all you're going to get. All my comments about any ME or C8 speculation, my tongue is planted firmly within my cheek, another words, I don't know nothing. Any internal workings within GM's hierarchy is way out of my league, another words, I know nothing there as well.

All the buzz out there about this and that, we'll find out at whatever venue the new model will be released, and most likely, not before.

I saw some photos of Ms. Barra running around in her triple black Z06 vert, I'm supposing she has a little spot in her heart for the Corvette.

We shall see in the future what lies ahead for this iconic vehicle, I just hope it's not downhill.