The poor old pound is falling

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Bad news today, the pound has fallen to its lowest level against the Dollar for a couple of years. I had to send some $ to the states and got a measly 1.19 dollars to the pound. That’s terrible. Will it continue its downward trend like the mid eighties and trade at 1.03. It did trade briefly in NY at 1 to 1.
This will certainly affect car imports, and what with the price of gas, people will possibly not want “yank fuel guzzlers” anymore.
Parts prices will also be affected.
where will it all end?

antijam

CCCUK Member
This is seriously bad news. I hit 80 this month and I've just received a letter from the Pension Service telling me that from my birthday my State Pension will increase by 25p a week! Great I thought - this will definitely offset the the rising cost of living.:):) I mean 25p a week - that's £1 a month!! I was already planning the party. 🥳 (y)
Seems my excitement may be premature...:(:((n)

Roscobbc

This is seriously bad news. I hit 80 this month and I've just received a letter from the Pension Service telling me that from my birthday my State Pension will increase by 25p a week! Great I thought - this will definitely offset the the rising cost of living.:):) I mean 25p a week - that's £1 a month!! I was already planning the party. 🥳 (y)
Seems my excitement may be premature...:(:((n)
A case of 'premature evaluation' perhaps.....

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I certainly noticed the difference while there over the last month and that was before this weeks sub $.120! :confused:

Is there ANY good news about? :unsure:😔