This is a C3 for social distancing

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
HOT DOG ! That is one hell of a car :love:
Great fun.
A load of engineering and big $$ gone into this car with all the Detroit Speed gear
You expect the handling to be pretty sharp with this set-up.
I’d need to sell my car to be able to afford the suspension!
089B9AB9-99CF-4C01-AF1B-006F831213CA.png

Roscobbc

Anyone seen the thread over on Corvette Forum about the Vette owner seriously dissatisfied with his rear end Sharkbite set-up........?

Roscobbc

Have I ever mentioned I want your engine? Video made my day, thanks. :D
You've only mentioned it a few times Capt........... video was with the same headers (Hedman 1 7/8" dia) and the 2 1/2" system that I had installed a few years previously with the original 427 engine. A little later (after this video) I installed a pair of Hooker Super Comp 2 1/4" headers and 3" 'X' pipe system. Didn't make too much difference at lower rpm but seemed to 'buy me' me an additional and significantly a more lively 1000 - 1500 rpm over and above 4500 - 5000 rpm......

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
After watching the video Ros, coincidentally I was around where my Vette is currently stored. It was a dry day.... so out it came for some noise and a quick drive down the road and back :D . Mine only has Hedman Headers and a custom exhaust to the side pipes, and obviously less CI than yours, but the noise was still enough.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Perhaps the benefits of a lower output are that you can drive it 'full-on' more often?
Its true, I can nail the pedal to the floor and I don't need to worry about killing myself that much. To be fair though, my little 327 probably has enough power for me - though it would be nice for just a little bit more. Maybe heads and cam might be tinkered with at a later date.

Roscobbc

327 engine was considered the ultimate engine for many years in terms of potential - being slightly smaller capacity perfect for a hi-winding screamer........

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
327 engine was considered the ultimate engine for many years in terms of potential - being slightly smaller capacity perfect for a hi-winding screamer........
Yeah, I'll do something with it later in life to make it a little more powerful. Been reading on the net for ideas.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
That will give you something to look forward too . Start saving the pennies now .:D
Its not just the pennies.... its time needed to sort it out, and more importantly the brownie points need to be accrued before such endeavours can be embarked upon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: