Trim Query

sublimemike

Well-known user
Someone will know this for sure. The curved piece of trim that goes at the top of the wing (fender) and around the windscreen (shield). I see there is a screw under the wiper door that fixes it. Is it just lipped under the fender or is there another fixing hidden away? Looks like when it was painted the painter put it back on slightly crooked. Could probably figure it out but don't want to make a bad call and damage the paint.
Thanks all.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Is this the piece of rubber? Very easy to fit from memory.

Attachments

• B5BF03F0-3141-4327-9EAA-9E3617071B6D.jpeg
    B5BF03F0-3141-4327-9EAA-9E3617071B6D.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 2

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If you mean the corner pieces and trim on the wiper cover. There’s some steel spring clips too.

634371D0-9369-4CE4-A745-6A72FECE3ED1.jpeg

sublimemike

Well-known user
Ah , yes - I guess they just pull away. I think they just may not have been put back straight. Job for tomorrow as well to retest the carb idle stop solenoid idle I've fitted to negate the octane / pre ignition with the L88 roller.
Thanks

Corvette

Well-known user
The clips are just a flat C shape. They clamp the edge it stainless trim to fender top. You should be able to push it onto fender then slowly push trim towards windscreen it will slide under clip. 2 per side and as you say a screw on inside of fender.