Udders

Fenman

CCCUK Member
Hi all, after looking at some American corvette sites I came across the term rainwater and realised the c5 has these strange drainage items.7933B19C53D3-C915-4D99-94CE-36F6A8C11A23.jpegI’vi was amazed how much crap was in them. Any thoughts on them? They seem to be overkill for a drainage device and are ideal for holding leafy mush that can cause blockages.

oelarse

Well-known user
I agree to that .

You have three udders on driver side (left side)

And a longer one on passenger side rear of the battery . This one can destroy your body control module if it get blocked and result in a wet passenger footwell & a dead bcm

dskopp

Regular user
I have A 1998. One udder on passenger side and one on drivers side. They collect the water as it comes off the windscreen!!

silver50

Busy user
They do seem a poor design because can block up so easily and aren't obvious or particularly easy to remove.

If anyone has any spare ones, particularly the long passengers side one let me know. I had to ditch my one and have improvised at the moment by sealing a small plastic funnel on under the scuttle panel with a hose fed down to the sill

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
hear is a simple way to modify them - you only have to do this once - there are 4 udders per c5

Attachments

• c5 udders.jpg
    c5 udders.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 13