US title nor Bill of ~Sale states exact date of registration

Last triumph

Well-known user
I'm about to post off all my paperwork to DVLA to register my newly imported '81, however I understand that the DV:LA only really need these documents to ascertain the date of first registration.

On both of these documents, the only date is '1981', with no reference to month or day.

Obviously the Title document in the US is very different to that of a UK V5 so I suspect that US Titles often (maybe never?) indicate the exact date of first registration, just the year.

For those that have imported cars before where the Title only states the year, without the month or day, what did you put as the date of first registration on the V55/5 and in the absence of any other documentation to support, did the DVLA just accept the date you entered on the V55/5, or did they ask for additional evidence of date of first reg, and if so, what did you provide that they found acceptable?

Roscobbc

In my experience all that was needed was a letter stating aprroximate date of manufacture from the CCCUK to 'swing' things.

Last triumph

Well-known user
In my experience all that was needed was a letter stating aprroximate date of manufacture from the CCCUK to 'swing' things.

Does that mean they will reject my application without?

Have you had DVLA question an application previously in similar circumstances?

Rich

Administrator
I have heard of the DVLA questioning numerous applications, but they have rarely queried a CCCUK Dating Letter (if ever). Members can have a letter foc, so must be worth a try?

Last triumph

Well-known user
I have heard of the DVLA questioning numerous applications, but they have rarely queried a CCCUK Dating Letter (if ever). Members can have a letter foc, so must be worth a try?

Thanks - could you point me in the right direction for a dating letter?